Slayer touch screen dim?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Compass Coffee

#1: Post by Compass Coffee »

Even though ordered mine May 17th and I'd heard they were updating the touch screen it came with the old touch screen glass which has fairy dim display. I noted how dim the display was posting about my new Slayer when I first got it in July. I just replaced the touch screen glass today. (I didn't call about getting it replaced until last week.) Much MUCH MUCH easier to see now, even with my 62 year old eyes. :D

Here's a video showing step by step replacement by Slayer. (video link sent to me by Gil at Clive, thanks!)
Tough Screen Glass Replacement
password: prebrew

NOTE: video says will need 1/16th hex, mine needed 5/64th.
Mike McGinness

ds

#2: Post by ds »

Is touch response improved anything with the new screen? Last time I played with the single group Slayer that was my biggest gripe with it.

TxHr

#3: Post by TxHr replying to ds »

My single group is new and features the new screen. While I can't speak to the older screens, I can tell you I had to learn how to touch the screen. It is imperative you apply pressure with the meat of your thumb and make an effort to either depress the button or scroll completely from one side to the other. Once you get the hang of the screen's touch points and the awkwardness of using your thumb as described, you will be a pro at getting a single group to respond. For the first couple days I thought my down arrow was broken, until I learned these tips.

spressomon

#4: Post by spressomon »

^ same experience here with my 1G's touch screen. And I remember reading Mike's comments about the somewhat dim display but didn't realize Slayer changed it because mine is bright and easy to read even in sun drenched kitchen (September Slayer).
No Espresso = Depresso

dynamiteid

#5: Post by dynamiteid »

The video link above is asking for a password. Any idea what the password is or have a non-password link? I just received my replacement display and need to watch the instructions.

Thanks,
Dave

Compass Coffee (original poster)

#6: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) replying to dynamiteid »

Weird and that sucks. Just checked the link in the email I received in November from Clive (which is what I posted) and it now prompts for a password too. Guess you'll need to contact support.
Mike McGinness

HBchris

#7: Post by HBchris »

password is: prebrew

dynamiteid

#8: Post by dynamiteid »

Thanks!!! Just what I needed. Looks like I have my project for the day.

Happy New Year!!!