Slayer Single Group owner experience - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Idfixe

#11: Post by Idfixe »

Had a Slayer v3 for 5 years +, did my maintenance myself, only part that failed are pump (replaced under warranty after 3 years) and transducer (replaced after 5y). Had few kinks along the way - all solved wyth Slayer tech over the phone or facetime and done by myself. Super service. Sold it and replaced by a LM Leva

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#12: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

V3 here; no issues 3 years on. Just enough variability for me in the shots with the needle valve and pre-brew. Amazing machine. Super well built. Of course v4 has some changes. They are well listed here.

NOW....if you are going to pull the trigger, and you can add to the price, customize the body and legs. You won't regret it.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

trevormorris

#13: Post by trevormorris »

Considering one myself as my end-game machine. What's the best water filtration system for Slayer? A dealer I spoke with mentioned reverse osmosis over a BWT type system

cmin

#14: Post by cmin »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:V3 here; no issues 3 years on. Just enough variability for me in the shots with the needle valve and pre-brew. Amazing machine. Super well built. Of course v4 has some changes. They are well listed here.

NOW....if you are going to pull the trigger, and you can add to the price, customize the body and legs. You won't regret it.
For a second I thought it said 40% off and went to add to cart than realized quickly the ad wasn't for Slayer lol

Bean Counter (original poster)

#15: Post by Bean Counter (original poster) »

Idfixe wrote:Had a Slayer v3 for 5 years +, did my maintenance myself, only part that failed are pump (replaced under warranty after 3 years) and transducer (replaced after 5y). Had few kinks along the way - all solved wyth Slayer tech over the phone or facetime and done by myself. Super service. Sold it and replaced by a LM Leva
Was the Leva the ultimate end goal for you?! Thanks.

Bean Counter (original poster)

#16: Post by Bean Counter (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:V3 here; no issues 3 years on. Just enough variability for me in the shots with the needle valve and pre-brew. Amazing machine. Super well built. Of course v4 has some changes. They are well listed here.

Thanks CfBB, good to hear. For sure, I'll be getting some custom options.

Idfixe

#17: Post by Idfixe »

Slayer was... now it is Leva.... I won't fool myself and believe that. I loved Slayer, I love the Leva, it hives me a taste profile I seek.... Technology always progress, I'm sure something will come up that will make switching worth while...

n0d3

#18: Post by n0d3 »

The maintenance thread is not accepting any new comments so wondering if someone could help me out here.

Have a Single Group since 2016, some repairs along the way: pressure transducer, faulty gauge etc.

I spec-ed it with an external Fluid-o-Tech pump. Just the other night while it was on power save mode, I drained a bit of hot water from the spout and subsequently it started to fill the steam tank (normal operation) but this time round the pump did not stop at all. It ran for less than a minute or two before I decided to shut it off.

There is no issue with line in/water pressure, there is definitely still water in the steam tank. I subsequently checked all the electronic connections, the water level sensor has no scale/build up but the issue still persists after I power on the machine, it always seems to think the steam tank is empty and causes the pump to run. And I can verify the external pump is indeed pushing water through.

UrKurt

#19: Post by UrKurt »

You could confirm that the pump is running and building pressure through the group (put in a blind and make sure you're getting 10 bars or whatever you set it to), and check the flow rate here for sanity as well. If that looks fine, all that is left is the solenoid that fills the steam tank being stuck closed, or the flow into the steam tank is otherwise obstructed around there. Turn off the steam tank heater, power off the machine, and drain the steam tank (from the ball valve) fully. Then turn it back on and see if the pump actually puts any water into the steam tank by observing the outflow.

JoJo

#20: Post by JoJo »

I had no problems with my Slayer v3
She makes very good espresso
But my LM Leva x 1 doesn't cause any problems either
And also great espresso
For me it is a decision of the optics
I love hand levers