Slayer Single Group Maintenance - Page 14

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
brianl289

#131: Post by brianl289 »

Hello everyone,

Hoping to be a little more active here. But I wanted to chime in and say I am a certified Slayer Tech and have been running a single group in our cafe that has well over 150,000 shots on the clock. I have made many repairs and was one of the first Slayers to discover the high temp/pump issues. If anyone has any questions I can help with please let me know.

-Brian

spressomon

#132: Post by spressomon »

Great to have you here Brian! Love my Slayer 1G!
No Espresso = Depresso

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#133: Post by FotonDrv replying to spressomon »

+1
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

chris_n

#134: Post by chris_n »

brianl289 wrote:Hello everyone,

Hoping to be a little more active here. But I wanted to chime in and say I am a certified Slayer Tech and have been running a single group in our cafe that has well over 150,000 shots on the clock. I have made many repairs and was one of the first Slayers to discover the high temp/pump issues. If anyone has any questions I can help with please let me know.

-Brian
how has the gear pump held up for you in a commercial setting?

brianl289

#135: Post by brianl289 replying to chris_n »

We've been running an external pump on this machine for a little over a year after we had two factory pump failures due to manufacturing defects. The external pump is definitely the way to go.

chris_n

#136: Post by chris_n replying to brianl289 »

i figured as much! how involved is adapting an external pump to the machine? at factory it was >$1000 option

brianl289

#137: Post by brianl289 replying to chris_n »

It was very easy. Some copper tubing to bypass the internal pump and then wiring a relay to the pre-post actuator to trigger the pump. So far so good!
★ Helpful

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#138: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I just did my one year PM in limited fashion with no issues. Slayers videos were great and support from Nate and Phillip were great.

I rebuilt the steam arm, replaced the anti-suction valve and the water level probe (which has no calcium build up or any sign of wear). My hot water arm gets so little use and all seemed fine, so I didn't do it.

Very happy with the ease and support.

Note though they just did increase the parts prices by a decent amount.

Michael
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

the_deal_maker

#139: Post by the_deal_maker »

Dear Community,

some time has passed since I did my last post on HB - I went through a lot of machines until I finally arrived at a one-group Slayer that has been upgraded by Frank. Not much inside, just the shot timer on top of the brew group. I have bought the one-group Slayer in May 2018 and just had a few little issues that could be easily fixed. Since a couple of days, I have noticed that the gear pump doesn't kick-in. We had a series of solely "pre-bewed" espresso in the last days before I have noticed that sth. is wrong. Today I put on the Scace and clearly, the pressure stays below 50psi since there is no pressure generated by the pump. Pump is down is guess, my pump has a date on it November, 30th 2017. No issue with changing the pump, but it seems that when the coffee or brew boiler needs a refill, the pump kicks in and does what it is supposed to do. Maybe someone has seen a similar pattern with their machines.

Btw. the new drip tray by Frank is brilliant.

Cheers,
-Malte

brianl289

#140: Post by brianl289 »

99% you have a faulty pump. Contact Slayer with your serial number to see. There was a large batch of bad pumps from the factory and you may need a replacement.