Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine - Page 7

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
heytchap

#61: Post by heytchap »

coffeechan wrote: I'd rather this not turn out like the VA E1P. A bit alarming that it's about a year since release and they're still fleshing out firmware and functionality problems.
I haven't been following the VAPE1 but have loose interest in one 1-2 years down the line when I drop my Pro 600. What issues does the VAPE have?

Jeff
Team HB

#62: Post by Jeff »

BaristaBob

#63: Post by BaristaBob »

I feel the primary function of an espresso machine should be the basics of manual control, easy enough, right. Then comes customized functionality...flow/pressure control with memory functions that allow the machine to take over profiling the shot for any coffee, subject to your taste preferences. How the machine does that (through an app or using buttons on the machine, etc) is okay with me as long as I have at the very least some form of manual control just in case my iPhone dies, WiFi is down, ...

So again, it's why I'm keen to see how the Sanremo YOU, Faema Faemina, and VA PE1 manage these features in the $5K - $6K price range.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

coffeechan (original poster)

#64: Post by coffeechan (original poster) »

It looks like Voltage will carry the You soon. As they're a distributor for the US, perhaps they might have an easier time getting the requested information.

https://www.voltagerestaurantsupply.com ... 6113092672

To clarify a bit, I'm really pulling for any and all these machines to be popular and for the prices to come down for when I need to upgrade :D . From what I've kept up on for the VAE1P is that it's requiring new firmware updates, parts have failed under 1 year, and one user had a defect where the steam and brew activated without the user activating it.

mrclean

#65: Post by mrclean »

sidcam wrote:Yeah, the electronics are probably worth a premium based on what I've seen so far.

I don't trust any manufacturer to support app development for the potential lifespan these machines may have. I can say one of the reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on a Prima is I keep questioning if I really want to deal with the three button/blinking light UI should app development die sooner rather than later. I look at other machines with apps, like the GS3, and from what I can tell the app is nice to use but you can still do everything fairly intuitively, albeit slower, from the little LED panel on the machine.
This is why I think Elektra made a better decision with Verve

BaristaBob

#66: Post by BaristaBob » replying to mrclean »

Care to add some details around this statement. I'm curious.

mrclean

#67: Post by mrclean »

Verve uses webpage like wifi login page you see at hotels and starbucks, router etc, so it may not look polished but you don't have to worry about Elektra stop updating in the future and not being able to use it anymore.

BaristaBob

#68: Post by BaristaBob »

^^^ So does the Elektra Verve use the same remote system management as the VA Prima One, which I've heard has been problematic? If so, not sure that makes it better than the Sanremo YOU or the new Faemina.

malling

#69: Post by malling »

mrclean wrote:Verve uses webpage like wifi login page you see at hotels and starbucks, router etc, so it may not look polished but you don't have to worry about Elektra stop updating in the future and not being able to use it anymore.
That is going to be huge help when that dies, webpages are a thing of the past, it's not a matter of if but when it's replaced with something that isn't as antiquated.

cafeIKE
Supporter ★

#70: Post by cafeIKE »

Let's see. Every month or so one of the myriad webpages modern day life entails goes TU or doesn't work with the latest browser revision.

While I can wait to order a geegaw, pay the insurance, etc., carnage could result if I don't get my java :twisted: