Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine - Page 37

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
scott2s

#361: Post by scott2s »

The fan is rated at 12 volts and the power supply in the SR YOU is 24v. The fan has a voltage divider inside the pigtail harness to drop the voltage down to operating voltage. They will be releasing a new fan that has more resistance in the pigtail harness to run it at a lower speed and reduce the noise. It will also have a rubber mount to isolate the vibration better. You can add resistance to the fan if you want to cut into the harness. The PCB board doesn't see a lot of heat in the position that it is in so I've been using mine without the fan. I plan on buying the new fan from the dealer once available.

LuigiBella

#362: Post by LuigiBella »

Can anyone confirm if the heating element in the grouphead is instead of the thermosyphon system or in addition to?

scott2s

#363: Post by scott2s replying to LuigiBella »

It is most definitely not a thermosyphon. The group head is a SR61 (basically a E61 looking head with just one water line going to it) and has a small heating element in it. The water supplied to the group head is from a pre-brew boiler. The computer controls the heating element in the pre-brew and group head using PID.

Capuchin Monk

#364: Post by Capuchin Monk »

LuigiBella wrote:Can anyone confirm if the heating element in the grouphead is instead of the thermosyphon system or in addition to?
Earlier on this thread :arrow: Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine
SR61 (not E61) discussed here :arrow: Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

MC3dropout

#365: Post by MC3dropout »

Got my You in December. As of two days the steam boiler has stopped working. Toggled the steam boiler on and off but not getting anything. Hot water dispenser just trickles out. Group head and regular boiler is fine. Has anyone experienced this? I've reached out to both Sanremo and ECS hoping for their assistance as well.

MC3dropout

#366: Post by MC3dropout »

ECS has asked me to return it to them for repair. Upon checking some things on the inside I found one of the wires connected to the boiler completed melted. Couldn't see it until moving the insulation around the wire. Not sure why this would happen.

sandc

#367: Post by sandc »

Does anybody know if the profile recording feature (paddle) records pressure setpoints, so that recalling a profile will lead to the same pressure curve, regardless of filter size, grind, coffee etc.? Or does it record something else (e.g. pump power), so that recorded profiles will only work well if filter, grind etc. stay the same?

HH

#368: Post by HH »

MC3dropout wrote:Upon checking some things on the inside I found one of the wires connected to the boiler completed melted.
That's a worry. Thanks for posting, I hope they get you back up and running quickly!

scott2s

#369: Post by scott2s »

MC3dropout wrote:ECS has asked me to return it to them for repair. Upon checking some things on the inside I found one of the wires connected to the boiler completed melted. Couldn't see it until moving the insulation around the wire. Not sure why this would happen.
It looks like the fitting on the boiler side looks ok and it was the wire that failed. I would suspect that the crimp on the end of the wire was loose and highly resistive, creating substantial heat and ultimately causing the wire to melt.

MC3dropout

#370: Post by MC3dropout »

Yeah I think you pretty much nailed it. I cut back the burnt wire and put a new crimp on the end and it's working again.