Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine - Page 32

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Happymonday

#311: Post by Happymonday »

I don't hate it, but I did see photos of early versions that had the white shroud and the design looked a bit cleaner to me. I do agree that black and white can be very nice together.

Ah_J

#312: Post by Ah_J replying to Happymonday »

Same here and personally prefer the early white version more though the launch version of panda colour looks nice too

Advertisement
heytchap

#313: Post by heytchap »

I'd take it off and paint it white

Happymonday

#314: Post by Happymonday »

I may do that at some point or wrap it.

I'm mostly a bit miffed that Sanremo mislabeled the box in the first place. There's probably someone out there with a black version wondering what happened.

dixi08
Supporter ♡

#315: Post by dixi08 »

I'm supposed to receive my white version next week, and I agree that the black shroud does not blend very well. I'll wait to receive it, order some 3M wrap and wrap it right away.

Happymonday

#316: Post by Happymonday »

I just plumbed in my machine. Even after switching to the line, the YOU complains if the tank is empty. I put some water in so the error would go away, but now will have water just sitting in the tank. Anyone else have this happen?

The line in is working well from what I can tell... no movement in the tank.

barri

#317: Post by barri »

I'm really surprised there aren't more comments about this wonderful machine. I guess there aren't many out there at the moment and production seems slow. I had to wait 7 weeks for mine. I've had mine for a few weeks and love it. Its not a Decent killer as that machine is for a different sort of user who wants to experiment (I should know as I've owned one) but it is a Rocket R91 killer and I feel a La Marzocco GS3 killer and I've even heard some say they prefer it to a Slayer.
The tanks are on the smaller size so those other machines are maybe but not necessarily more suited to a small restaurants or roastery but as a home machine I've never had trouble with back to back shots when having a dinner party. The 24 pre-sets, 18 of which are programmable or customizable and the pressure profiling lever and the ability to save them, definitely puts it in the same class as those mentioned above. I sound like one of those infomercials so for the cynics out there I don't work for San Remo. The only unknown is longevity but San Remo has a great reputation for particularly commercial machines and its interesting they have ventured into the home market with the CUBE as well.

Advertisement
Happymonday

#318: Post by Happymonday »

I agree, it's a great machine and I love using it. So full of potential too.

I think the issue is that Sanremo did not manage the launch well at all. Is it even really launched?

I think we are more excited about the machine than they are. There is no marketing. A few minor reviews. Almost radio silence.

ira
Team HB

#319: Post by ira »

It's odd, because last year at the SCA show they seemed very excited about it, I try to see how they still feel about it next week in Portland.

mel5582

#320: Post by mel5582 »

Stumbled on this.. The guy was servicing the machine.