Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine - Page 20

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
babola

#191: Post by babola »

JP, the group head shroud...is it metal or plastic?

Those kitchen drawer type knobs for steam and hot water are something I'd need to get used to in the long run.

Hope it all works out for you, this machine sounds promising indeed.

cbeenhackker

#192: Post by cbeenhackker »

Mine arrived yesterday and I got it plumbed and setup. I did download the SanremoConnect App and I can connect but thats it.. No extra menu or other app to controle it. Maybe I also need a fw update?!

I also wrote an email to my local Sanremo dealer to find a bottomless portafilter.

Because there is so little info out there I created a facebook group called "Sanremo YOU". I hope to find users and share there experiences and exchange tips and tricks. Anyone is welcome to join and learn from each other.

cbeenhackker

#193: Post by cbeenhackker »

Hi I plumbed my YOU and it when fine with the supplied lines. I do have a flow reducer installed on my water line. It reduces the flow to 2 bar.

PS: I created a facebook group called Sanremo YOU so we can exchange experiences. You are welcome to join.

Tony163

#194: Post by Tony163 replying to cbeenhackker »

Why do you have need to contact Sanremo to find a naked pf. What can't you use any one that fits an e61 that you like? My understanding is it's totally e61 groupnhead conpatible.

The group head shroud is plastic.

Hard to believe the steam wand can't activate instantly but instead is somehow electronically activated with a delay? Can someone pls confirm this?

cbeenhackker

#195: Post by cbeenhackker »

Tony163 wrote:Why do you have need to contact Sanremo to find a naked pf. What can't you use any one that fits an e61 that you like? My understanding is it's totally e61 groupnhead conpatible.

The group head shroud is plastic.

Hard to believe the steam wand can't activate instantly but instead is somehow electronically activated with a delay? Can someone pls confirm this?
I would like an original SR pf. Thats the only reason. Any e61 pf will fit indeed. There is no delay with the steam wand. It starts immediately. :D

jpmomo
Supporter ♡

#196: Post by jpmomo »

Shroud is plastic.

I needed to adjust the default setting for the steam wand to toggle off purge. That allowed the steam to be continuous until I tap the lever again.

I ordered a standard bottomless portafilter and will see how that works. I was sort of spoiled with the VA as that came with titanium and leather wrapped portafilters! I also had one one them customized to a bottomless.

CaliEspressoLover

#197: Post by CaliEspressoLover »

Happymonday wrote:Have any of you plumbed in your YOU? If so, how did that go?
I have the Sanremo You plumbed in. No issues. My previous machine (Crem One HX) was also plumbed in, so it was an easy 5 minute swap. I did have to use the fitting that came from the Crem One HX.

I previously had my HX setup on a smart plug to turn off and on. Currently I'm using the built in timing on the You. So far so good. Only thing I've noticed is that if the machine is "sleep", and I tough the screen, it does not wake, I have to move the paddle to wake.

Tony163

#198: Post by Tony163 »

The VA pf sounds great. Just use that perhaps...

jpmomo
Supporter ♡

#199: Post by jpmomo »

unfortunately the VA pf didn't seem to fit. both are 58mm but the notches don't quite line up properly.

It would have been nice as it was pretty challenging to convert from a normal spouted pf to a bottomless due to the thickness and the fact that it was titanium!

Neilt

#200: Post by Neilt »

I just received the stainless steel bottomless portafilter from San Remo and its very tight. Very hard to fit in because of the thickness of gasket I assume but does work.

I had Pesado E61 and it was really nice but kept unwinding and flying off the machine so I returned it. I spoke to them and they said it should work as they have sold a few in Australia for the YOU.

Did anyone receive any fitting etc to connect the drain to the main ?