Sanremo You - Single Group Espresso Machine - Page 12

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Neilt

#111: Post by Neilt »

Hi,

Based in Canada I have just received the Sanremo YOU. I was concerned regarding the steam pressure but so far this hasn't been an issue at all. I upgraded from a HX machine and then had a GS3 for a month and decided it wasn't for me and settled on trying this. Only had it a few days but very happy so far. Definitely different. Will post some more info when I get time. Happy to answer any points people might have.

BaristaBob

#112: Post by BaristaBob replying to Neilt »

Neil...congrats! I've been interested in this machine since it hit the press. I'm assuming your machine is 220-240V, and that's why you can get one. From what I've heard SanRemo is still working on the 120V version.

I really want to know it's programming capabilities around preinfusion. Can you profile the pressure during extraction? What is its temperature range? How long does it take to come up to temp first thing in the morning? I'm spoiled, as my BDB is really to go within 8 minutes from a cold start.

Enjoy!!!!
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Neilt

#113: Post by Neilt »

Actually, mine is a 120V machine.

You have the paddle and then it will store what you did with the paddle. So you can alter it real time and then at the end of the extraction save the complete thing by pressing a button.

Alternatively, you can program in the pre-extraction page of the profile. Pressure and time. Also the extraction and post. You edit one of the profiles in the menu. Has volumetric setting on the profiles as well which can be adjusted. You can just press a button instead of using a paddle.

I would have to time it but it's pretty fast. Obviously, the boiler gets heat first and then it goes to steam but its night and day compared to the GS3 and my HX (profitec pro 500). You can set the boiler temp, the group temp and also the steam pressure which can go you to 2 bar.

Not sure of temperature range. I don't have the manual yet. It was set at 93 and I just went up to 100 on the group.

Has a standby mode where it goes to sleep after 30, 60 and more minutes. Also has a built in timer with a number of time slots.

You can also switch off boiler or steam independently if you want. Has a purge option on steam and group if you want to enable/disable.

BaristaBob

#114: Post by BaristaBob »

Neilt wrote:Actually, mine is a 120V machine.

You have the paddle and then it will store what you did with the paddle. So you can alter it real time and then at the end of the extraction save the complete thing by pressing a button.

Alternatively, you can program in the pre-extraction page of the profile. Pressure and time. Also the extraction and post. You edit one of the profiles in the menu.

I would have to time it but it's pretty fast. Obviously, the boiler gets heat first and then it goes to steam but its night and day compared to the GS3 and my HX (profitec pro 500). You can set the boiler temp, the group temp and also the steam pressure which can go you to 2 bar.

Not sure of temperature range. I don't have the manual yet. It was set at 93 and I just went up to 100 on the group.

Has a standby mode where it goes to sleep after 30, 60 and more minutes. Also has a built in timer with a number of time slots.
Sweet! Who did you purchase it from?
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Neilt

#115: Post by Neilt »

PM sent for purchase info.

I timed it this morning. The machine took approximately 5 minutes for the water to get to temp (93 C current setting) and another 7 minutes for the steam boiler to reach pressure of 1.7 bar (current setting). So approximately 12 mins in total.

Machine has to initialise first from sleep probably maximum a minute which I didn't take into account above. A bit like a computer booting. You also hear hum while running which I assume is from a fan. Not loud or annoying just different to a standard coffee machine.

CaliEspressoLover

#116: Post by CaliEspressoLover »

Neilt wrote:PM sent for purchase info.

I timed it this morning. The machine took approximately 5 minutes for the water to get to temp (93 C current setting) and another 7 minutes for the steam boiler to reach pressure of 1.7 bar (current setting). So approximately 12 mins in total.

Machine has to initialise first from sleep probably maximum a minute which I didn't take into account above. A bit like a computer booting. You also hear hum while running which I assume is from a fan. Not loud or annoying just different to a standard coffee machine.
Can you pm me with where you ordered from?

bbeaton

#117: Post by bbeaton »

How satisfied are you with the build quality? I see you have a GS3, how would you compare it to the LM build quality? I'm going back and forth between a Linea Mini and the You atm. How much do you actually use the touch screen when you're making a shot? What's your impression of using the touch screen? Does it seem pretty quick? Does it get in the way?

Neilt

#118: Post by Neilt »

I had the GS3 and didn't really warm to it. It just seemed a bit dated to me. Took too long to warm up with its large water tank. I only had it on a standard socket though. It was built like a tank and made great coffee and the steaming was great. The drip tray was big but I didn't think it feel that high end and the water tank was the same. Ultimately it just wasn't for me. You waste a lot of water with the paddle and I didn't have it plumbed in.

I actually thought about an eagle prima one but got put off by the issues it seems to have at the roll out at least.

I was hesitant about the YOU because it was techy which is good until it goes wrong - remains to be seen I suppose. However, I like the technology, the fast heat up rate, solenoid valves etc, the volumetric control, the manual paddle that you can replicate afterwards with a press of a button and the numerous settings.

It's heavy machine similar to the GS3. It's smaller though in width. It could be doing with being a bit deeper as you tend to bump into the overflow with your cup if you are not careful however, it is a deep machine as it is. I had seen the clips and also worried about the responsiveness of the screen but I don't find it a problem at all. I like being able to press a button and walking away to get the milk etc when I use the volumetric ability. I use the menu quite a bit at the moment because it's new. Pressing a button is easy. The steam wand has a plastic tube inside and I think the La Marzocco is double wall steel? I waste nowhere near as much water as the GS3. Pump sounds a little odd as it appears to control the pressure by speed. Portafilter seems nice I believe it is stainless steel and the basket is good and better than the ones that came with the GS3. The one I have is ridgeless. Still waiting for the other bits to arrive. I have not had a Decent but it seems like a cross between the two technologies I suppose. It has two small boilers with some of the technology. So far I am pleased with the machine. Not looked inside the machine so can't really comment on other stuff. Its less imposing than the GS3.

When making a shot you either use the paddle or the preset. You don't use the screen during extraction unless you want to see some of the different screens showing various aspects of the extraction.

bbeaton

#119: Post by bbeaton »

This is really helpful, thanks for your reply!

Pflunz

#120: Post by Pflunz »

When your fan is also loud, in a German forum a guy measured, that in his machine there is a 12V fan powered with 24V:
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/sanr ... st-2139977