Rumour of Dual Boiler, PID, Rotary Vibiemme: appears to be true

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cedar

#1: Post by cedar »

I heard a rumour today that a dual boiler Vibiemme will be available in the near future.

Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, any details? With the rotary pump?

luca
Team HB

#2: Post by luca »

Does Vibiemme have any experience with dual boilers whatsoever? Don't they pride themselves on having the "true" e61 group and holding the patent to it?
LMWDP #034 | 2011: Q Exam, WBrC #3, Aus Cup Tasting #1 | Insta: @lucacoffeenotes

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

Rumors of a double boiler Izzo Alex recently came and went here. I've not heard anything about Vibiemme entering the market and I share Luca's skepticism. But if there's truth in it, Vibiemme will surely demonstrate it at the HOST conference in Milan. The usual suspects are already there, so first hand reports should trickle in next week. Roger started a thread about the conference here.
Dan Kehn

cedar (original poster)

#4: Post by cedar (original poster) »

On the thread: Alternatives to the La Marzocco GS3
Teme wrote:I hear that Vibiemme will introduce a dual-boiler, PID, rotary pump machine with the E61 group next month in Milan...
Perhaps it is true after all...

I just asked Stefano (Stafano's Espresso Care) and Jim at 1st-line about this in PMs. They may know for sure.

Grant

#5: Post by Grant »

cedar wrote:On the thread: Alternatives to the La Marzocco GS3

Perhaps it is true after all...

I just asked Stefano (Stafano's Espresso Care) and Jim at 1st-line about this in PMs. They may know for sure.

They have been sighted in Milan....more than a rumor!

Grant
Grant

cedar (original poster)

#6: Post by cedar (original poster) »

in reply to PM:
Stefano wrote:Yes, it's true that Vibiemme is working on a dual-boiler machine. I should be receiving a test unit before the end of the year. However, realistically speaking, they most likely won't be on the market until next summer.
Maybe we will see some photos from Milan

Grant

#7: Post by Grant »

...split from Alternatives to the La Marzocco GS3 by moderator...

orian wrote:Thanks everyone for the replies. I have not heard of some of the machines mentioned so I have some research to do. The advise that using the units is the best way to know and understand the product is good but not an option unfortunately. I did use a La Marzocco today--hard to go wrong with this machine, but $$$. The Vivaldi looks like a great option for my pocket book and I'm seriously looking into this unit which is available in my country.

I e-mailed Joseph Parrottino at coffeetech <www.caffetech.com> the same options I posted here and he too recommend the Vivaldi, but he also had this to say "If an E61 head in a double boiler is what you want - than you will need
to wait some time - as we are in the process of designing one in Italy at this time - when it will be ready is difficult to say." I wonder what the price will be and what company he is referring to?

Why the E61 brew group by Faema? I have based this choice on many reviews like the following: http://www.wholelattelove.com/articles/ ... _group.cfm

Orian
There is a PID'd Vibiemme Double Boiler at the show in Milan at this moment....hopefully it will not be too long before it hits the market in North America...if so, I will have them.

Grant
Grant

Advertisement
cedar (original poster)

#8: Post by cedar (original poster) »

Grant do you know if there are any pictures or specs of the Vibiemme Double Boiler available anywhere. I have looked at the Vibiemme site but nothing yet.

Grant

#9: Post by Grant replying to cedar »

Not to my knowledge. It may still be in the very early stages but I know very little other than it exists....may still be in prototype form.

I am waaaaaay down the food chain. I have been querying my supplier for quite a few months on the status of the HX rotary version (plumbed) Vibiemme and am still waiting for that info...and now the double boiler version info is BRAND new to emerge.

If no one at the show can produce a picture or comes back with more info not under non-disclosure, hopefully Vibiemme and/or their North American importers can provide some additional information shortly, but I suspect the HX rotary to appear first. It could be a while yet, but the big importers will have that info first.

Grant
Grant

cedar (original poster)

#10: Post by cedar (original poster) »

If Stefano gets a test unit before the end of the year as he suggests, I may be able to go and see it (I live 20 miles away), and if he allows, photograph it.

Beyond the specs, with two boilers, PID, and rotary pump, I wonder what the price will be.