Rocket R Cinquantotto E61 Squeaky Sound When Build Up

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
x3li18

#1: Post by x3li18 »

Hello Guys,

I just bought a new Rocket R Cinquantotto and before two weeks squeak sound when I start my extraction. I lube the mushroom valve and the spring but the sound still there.

Can anyone help me to fix this problem because also the Rocket distributor don't know how to fix this problem

slipchuck

#2: Post by slipchuck »

Video doesn't work

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

JRising
Team HB

#3: Post by JRising »

I can't see the video, but my first guess would be OPV squeaking if it isn't set to a significantly higher pressure than the pump bypass.

x3li18 (original poster)

#4: Post by x3li18 (original poster) »

slipchuck wrote:Video doesn't work

Randy
I fixed the video problem

x3li18 (original poster)

#5: Post by x3li18 (original poster) »

JRising wrote:I can't see the video, but my first guess would be OPV squeaking if it isn't set to a significantly higher pressure than the pump bypass.

I fixed the video problem

JRising
Team HB

#6: Post by JRising »

Yeah, I see the pump gauge stop, even go back a little as the water pressure reached the threshold to start opening the expansion valve, then continue upward as the expansion valve is opened beyond the musical instrument stage... Set your OPV/Expansion Valve to remain closed until around 12.5Bar, let the capable pump's relief bypass do the brew circuit regulation. The expansion valve is just there to let the water in the coffee circuit expand when heating without expanding the fittings right off the boiler.

It could, i suppose, be the pump's bypass making that sound, but not likely. If making sure the Expansion Valve is set to 12.5+ doesn't fix anything, the next step is going to be lubricating the pump's bypass valve.

bcrdukes

#7: Post by bcrdukes »

Bump on this thread - I have the same issue on my Rocket Giotto Evoluzione V2. This happened when it came back from service from an authorized Rocket dealer, and I've got my head scratching. Any updates/solutions/fixes appreciated. Thank you in advance!
LMWDP #685

JRising
Team HB

#8: Post by JRising »

Turn the pump relief pressure up a half bar while it's running against the blind filter. Does it get worse?
Turn it down to half a bar below where it started, does the noise change or go away?

Turn the pump relief all the way up to 12.25 or 12.5 bar, adjust the expansion valve to barely open at that pressure. Then adjust the pump back down to where you'd like it.

x3li18 (original poster)

#9: Post by x3li18 (original poster) »

I fixed the problem finally :)

I bought a food grade lubricant and first I tried to lubricate the mushroom valve but the sound still exist. Then, I opened the lever and lubricate it and finally the sound gone for good.

I suggest anyone will lubricate the lever to watch YouTube videos and apply the procedure one by one.

stefano65
Sponsor

#10: Post by stefano65 »

Sound to me like Jrising that the squilling is from the OPV
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.