Rocket Cellini Premium Plus V3 - New Owner

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BruceB

#1: Post by BruceB »

Hi there,

It's been a while since I posted anything, mostly as I haven't had a machine to work with! But I finally scraped the cash up and went with the Cellini (I wanted to the Profitec Pro 500, but the Rocket was on my list of maybes and I was able to buy it locally through Espressotec in Vancouver - much happier with the idea of having expert support to hand and it's still a great machine). Once it is available I'll be pairing it with a Sette W grinder, until then I'm stuck with a not so great hand grinder!

Anyway, I see a lot of info regarding the V2 and V1 but there is hardly anything about the V3. There may not be a lot of difference to be fair, the main difference between the V2 and V3 is the introduction of the PID, and reading around that on a HX it may not make a huge difference if I'm understanding it.

So, if any of you have experience with the V3 I'd love to hear more about it or be pointed towards any sources you feel would be useful.
It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science.
Grimes - Black Hawk Down

CoffeeBar

#2: Post by CoffeeBar »

Good evening BruceB, While I don't have experience with Cellini Premium V3. But I just wanna to say congratulations on your new purchase and have great coffee always :D

Headala

#3: Post by Headala »

I don't know what the deadband comparison is between the PID and Sirai pressurestat (on the V2 and Evo), but I don't think there is much difference in usage/technique. Pretty sure they utilize the same boiler, heater, plumbing, and group head. Just the method to measure temperature and how to make adjustments is different...with a HX, not sure why you would be constantly making adjustments with the PID anyway.

whosinaname

#4: Post by whosinaname »

I have had a Cellini Premium Plus V3 for about 6 months now. It was a real step up from my saeco aroma :) I find I don't even touch the pid.
I did add a thermometer to the group head (eric's mod purchased from Chris' Coffee) https://www.chriscoffee.com/E61_Group_D ... sss-04.htm

As most people point out, the PID is kind of redundant because of the design of e61 grouphead. Congrats on your buy and I hope you have many many great shots out of it!

If you have a hard time finding out information on the Cellini, just try to find info on the Rocket fausto grinder.

BruceB (original poster)

#5: Post by BruceB (original poster) »

Thanks for the comments and thoughts.

I had been wondering what that was shown in pictures of some peoples machines, so now I know it's the thermometer. Thank you.

I had the weekend to play with and so far I am loving it.
It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science.
Grimes - Black Hawk Down