Review of the Decent Espresso DE1+PRO - Page 26

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bhauff

Postby bhauff » Mar 05, 2019, 10:31 pm

I use the flush button and wait until the system hits peak pressure (you can tell by the sound) and then wait 5 seconds. I repeat 3-4 times while I have some detergent in. Then I take out the portafilter, flush a little more water, and then out the portafilter back in with the blank and flush like mentioned above 3-4 more times to rinse all the detergent out. One of the DE crew suggested that.
Enjoying the adventure is as rewarding as the destination.

JonF

Postby JonF » Mar 05, 2019, 11:41 pm

Thanks!

Pequod

Postby Pequod » Mar 06, 2019, 10:36 am

Got my DE1PRO v1.1 last week and been shaking it out. Although my prior experience was limited to a PID'd Gaggia Classic, as an engineer the pull toward Software Defined Espresso was hard to resist. Been playing around with various profiles -- the default that came preloaded, my own, and some posted by the Basecamp DE community. While there is definitely some experimenting -- and this machine is designed to enable exactly that -- have already pulled some of the best shots I've experienced. Only hiccup was that the USB cable that connects the tablet to the machine turned out to be faulty -- wasn't able to charge the tablet -- but that is now fixed. Very, very happy with my purchase.

Moderator note:
Discussion regarding use and troubleshooting of DE1 machines was split off and continues at First Impressions of Decent Espresso DE1+PRO

HB
Admin

Postby HB » Mar 10, 2019, 6:42 pm

This thread has almost 300 replies. The original poster, TomC, after posting six times, hasn't contributed to this thread since September of last year. I haven't followed this thread, but judging from the last few pages, this thread is no longer about a review, it's a "catch-all" thread. As suggested in the site's Guidelines on mega threads, contributors should consider starting their own thread with a narrower subject (see How do I ask a good question? for helpful tips). If contributors would like to split related posts into a new thread on a more specific subject, please contact me offline and I'll take care of it.

To encourage migration away from this catch-all thread, this thread is closed barring Tom's objection.
Dan Kehn