Removing sticker from grouphead - Profitec Pro 700

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cameronaustin

Postby cameronaustin » Jun 09, 2019, 5:13 pm

I know its a nit - but - has anyone removed a sticker like this from their E61 group head?

FWIW - I have been using the machine daily for about 5 months.

I would like to take it off, but I don't want to scratch the machine - or be left with a sticker remnant - forever on the front of the machine.

Thoughts?

tracer bullet

Postby tracer bullet » Jun 09, 2019, 8:14 pm

Start it with hard thin plastic like a credit card. Finish off with a citrus oil cleaner, and a fingernail. It won't be much of a problem.

pcdawson

Postby pcdawson » Jun 09, 2019, 9:06 pm

I removed mine easily from a Profitec Pro 800. As I recall, it came off very easily without any need for anything.

rcj

Postby rcj » Jun 09, 2019, 9:39 pm

Same here, stickers peeled off easily from ECM synchronika.

bluesman

Postby bluesman » Jun 10, 2019, 11:49 am

I also had no problem removing the stickers from my ECM. But if you leave them there too long, you'll see a slight difference in the surface color and sheen - so take them off now if you're going to do it. I had a small sticker on each joystick housing too.

If you can see a slight difference where it was, polish the whole top / front of the group with Simichrome or similar a few times over a month or so and it'll almost certainly look fine again.

Randy G.

Postby Randy G. » Jun 10, 2019, 1:19 pm

For this and other such uses, Google "Plastic razor Blades." A box of 100 with two handle/holders for less than $7.
Espresso! My Espresso!
http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com

BaristaBoy E61

Postby BaristaBoy E61 » Jun 10, 2019, 1:37 pm

cameronaustin wrote:I would like to take it off, but I don't want to scratch the machine - or be left with a sticker remnant - forever on the front of the machine.

Thoughts?

<image>

If a solvent were required to remove any residue, I'd use Lighter Fluid.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

bluesman

Postby bluesman » replying to BaristaBoy E61 » Jun 10, 2019, 5:32 pm

I use either GooGone or GoofOff, depending on how adherent the residue is. GooGone is citrus based, so it smells better but is not quite as effective as GoofOff on really sticky gunk. Lighter fluid's not exactly a household staple any more :D

Randy G.

Postby Randy G. » Jun 10, 2019, 5:53 pm

A small amount of WD-40 on a rag.

It's a goo remover!
No, it's a dessert topping!
Wait, you're both right!
Espresso! My Espresso!

http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com

BaristaBoy E61

Postby BaristaBoy E61 » Jun 10, 2019, 7:08 pm

bluesman wrote:Lighter fluid's not exactly a household staple any more :D

For some of us that still know what a dial tone & a busy signal sound like it might be! :lol:
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"