Remote probe thermometer for E61 (not erics)

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ron231

#1: Post by ron231 »

I have seen pictures of a thermometer for e61 brew head that has a remote probe and a wire running to a readout, the functionality of erics thermometer is fine but I don't want that thing sticking out of my rocket ruining the looks. Anyone know where I can purchase this? Thanks for any input.

tohenk2

#2: Post by tohenk2 »

It might help to post the picture you are referring to. I'm not aware of such a thermometer (unless you refer to a Scace?)

Advertisement
ron231 (original poster)

#3: Post by ron231 (original poster) »

it is shown in this thread Monitoring Brew Temperature - E61 Groups

however, when I look up erics to purchase, it shows sticking out of the machine instead of a wire like that

to me, that wire is preferable to a big thermometer sticking out of my machine

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

Ron -

The pic you are referring to is showing a thermocouple inserted into the adaptor instead of the thermometer. It would require a separate meter to read temperature and would, essentially, double the cost of the product.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Bluecold

#5: Post by Bluecold »

All temperature monitoring solutions for the E61 use the hex nut on top of the group for monitoring. So either you have a display sticking out, or a wire coming out of your group.
Looks will be ruined in the process, or you need to come up with your own solution
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."