Received my La Marzocco Linea Mini pretty beat up...

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
trunks235

#1: Post by trunks235 »

Hi All,

Recently purchased what I thought was a good deal on a white LMLM (approx 2 years old), but it came to me pretty broken. - you can see the images attached. It's quite difficult to move the paddle to the on position given the cracks. This isn't what was shown to me before purchase, so for now I am assuming something went wrong during the shipping process.

The seller did also tell me they dried it out before shipping, but it did arrive a little wet at the bottom which is quite off putting (it also smells like musty (?) water). That being said, I wanted to get your opinions on the issues and how big of a fix it would potentially be. I reached out to the seller to see how to resolve this, but I did pay using PayPal so I guess I have that as a security blanket.

1. The brew paddle is chipped and the bottom and looks bent out of shape. It's very hard to push to the on position.
2. The group cover is also chipped and broken.
3. The sides of the stainless steel backsplash area are popping off on either side

I haven't opened the machine up yet so idk how the internal look. I've also reached out to a tech in the area, so hopefully they can come take a look soon...

jyl

#2: Post by jyl »

That sucks, if it was a shipping issue. If it wasn't, then that sucks even more. Your list of the damage sounds pretty long. And expensive.
John, Portland OR
Vintage bicycles, Porsche/VW, cooking, old houses.

trunks235 (original poster)

#3: Post by trunks235 (original poster) »

Yup... not what I expected at all. Bummer

eltakeiteasy

#4: Post by eltakeiteasy »

Hopefully, it will be an easier than expected fix. LM has really great customer service they may even take a little pitty and help you out. Maybe post a quick Youtube video.
LMWDP #672.

sluflyer06

#5: Post by sluflyer06 »

Was it shipped on a pallet? Sounds like a pretty clear shipping claim, can't be sure but sounds beyond what you'd want to bother fixing.

linuxAndJavaScript

#6: Post by linuxAndJavaScript »

To collect on damages in shipping, shippers will investigate the packaging. If it was not packaged to their specifications(which can be really expensive), they will not cover shipping damages. If that is the case, it would be the sellers fault.

I would attempt to get your money back from the seller and bite the cost of sending it back.

#7: Post by trunks235 (original poster) »

eltakeiteasy wrote:Hopefully, it will be an easier than expected fix. LM has really great customer service they may even take a little pitty and help you out. Maybe post a quick Youtube video.

HB Admin helped get the photos into the original post. Let me know what you all think!

I did get it for a decent price so I'm wondering if it's worth
1. Asking the seller to help me pay for repairs
2. Just repairing myself

#8: Post by trunks235 (original poster) »

Some (mildly) good news:

The seller replied (that's a win!) that it was professionally packaged by the shipper and they will call to start a claim today. Not quite sure where that will get me but it's progress.

nuketopia

#9: Post by nuketopia »

Yeah, that got hit pretty hard.

The original packaging for the LMLM is a mini-pallet, an outer box, packing material, an inner box and more packing material. It also only comes by truck, like commercial restaurant equipment is packed. I think it was 80lbs or so on the pallet.

Don't know how that was shipped, but standard carrier service isn't the way to go.

FWIW, they come new out of the box with a little water hiding in them too from testing. Not possible to completely drain one.

#10: Post by trunks235 (original poster) replying to nuketopia »

Yeah this came standard UPS ground ... I know we can't tell what the internals look like at this point but in your opinion do you think it's worth salvaging?