Rancilio Silvia Pro - Dual boiler PID espresso machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
maki

#1: Post by maki »

Silvia Pro is the 1-group espresso machine that provides precision and control over every shot, with limited footprint thanks to its compact design.
Silvia Pro is a blend of the professional performance of Rancilio espresso machines and the remarkable capabilities of Silvia - with the addition of two PID, a digital display, two independent boilers and a wider range of coffee solutions, designed to provide the best coffee experience and to meet the needs of expert baristas.

Silvia PRO is equipped with two separate boilers, both equipped with PID: one boiler is dedicated to heating the water for coffee, and the other is a steam boiler for hot water and steam.

more info here: https://www.ranciliogroup.com/app/uploa ... pdf#page=9

and here https://www.ranciliogroup.com/rancilio/ ... ilvia-pro/
LMWDP #630

Jake_G
Team HB

#2: Post by Jake_G »

Well, well, well...

This should be very interesting.

Thanks for sharing!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

slybarman

#3: Post by slybarman »

maki wrote:image

Silvia Pro is the 1-group espresso machine that provides precision and control over every shot, with limited footprint thanks to its compact design.
Silvia Pro is a blend of the professional performance of Rancilio espresso machines and the remarkable capabilities of Silvia - with the addition of two PID, a digital display, two independent boilers and a wider range of coffee solutions, designed to provide the best coffee experience and to meet the needs of expert baristas.

Silvia PRO is equipped with two separate boilers, both equipped with PID: one boiler is dedicated to heating the water for coffee, and the other is a steam boiler for hot water and steam.

more info here: https://www.ranciliogroup.com/app/uploa ... pdf#page=9

and here https://www.ranciliogroup.com/rancilio/ ... ilvia-pro/
Any word of price?

C-Antonio

#4: Post by C-Antonio »

The specs indicated they used the same size brew boiler and an 1 liter for steam... plus the PIDs lots of stuff crammed in a small machine...
“Eh sì sì sì…sembra facile (fare un buon caffè)!”

baldheadracing
Team HB

#5: Post by baldheadracing replying to C-Antonio »

Pro is a bit wider, but taller and quite a bit deeper.
Silvia: W × D × H
235 x 290 x 340 mm
9.2 x 11.4 x 13.4 in

Pro: W × D × H
250 x 420 x 390 mm
9.8 x 16.5 x 15.3 in

My version of a Silvia double-boiler is a Micro Casa a Leva parked beside my Silvia :lol:.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

NicaDon

#6: Post by NicaDon »

I hope this works out, and for an affordable price. Though I'll take a wild guess at $1500. The only thing more I could ask for is a plumbed in option for under the cabinet use and my sheer laziness.
LMWDP #730

Javier

#7: Post by Javier »

Jake_G wrote:This should be very interesting.
No kidding! This is really very exciting!! Hopefully it will be priced for less than the Profitec Pro 300 ....

Now, if only Rancilio will also release a home spring-assisted lever machine (other than their commercial Classe 5/6) .....
LMWDP #115

Randy G.

#8: Post by Randy G. »

I wonder where they got the idea to put a PID on a Silvia? :wink:
A bit of history in my Chapter 63 - Me Be PID from 2003. Others came well before my installation, but the new "Silvia Pro" has been a long time coming.

The original Silvia was about 1400cu.In. The Pro about 2500cu.in.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

Sheitan

#9: Post by Sheitan »

This machine should have been released like 5 years ago, nowadays its just not relevant any more ... :?

NicaDon

#10: Post by NicaDon »

If it's the same quality as the Silvia it will be mostly a known product. Compact, very reliable and easy to keep clean with just a wipe of a cloth. The Rancilio may be outdated but it's hard to argue with the build quality and as the two biggest complaints, lack of temperature stability and steaming are addressed it should be a fairly easy to use and trouble free machine.
LMWDP #730