Rancilio Silvia - Long Term Storage

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Niko

#1: Post by Niko »

Someone asked me for advice on storing a Silvia for long periods of time. Besides all the typical cleaning rituals before and after storage, can the boiler be drained? I do not own a Silvia so I thought maybe you Silvia owners can give the best advice.

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

WholeLatteLove offers these boiler draining instructions (from the Resources page); the thread Preparing an espresso machine for storage (from the FAQs and Favorites) offers other suggestions (e.g., to be sure it's empty, siphon the water out). Ideally the machine should be stored in a heated space. If not, better be sure it's completely empty!
Dan Kehn

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
Niko (original poster)

#3: Post by Niko (original poster) »

Thanks for the quick reply, Dan.
I'll send my friend the link and hopefully he'll come out of lurking and join us!

----

...and BTW, that Silvia is stored in a nice beach home on a Greek Island where the temperature probably never goes below 60F.
Tough life...I wish I was that Silvia :D

Psyd
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Psyd »

Niko wrote: ...and BTW, that Silvia is stored in a nice beach home on a Greek Island where the temperature probably never goes below 60F.
Tough life...I wish I was that Silvia :D
Well, I am always of the opinion that Silvia should never be alone for too long, which is why I take her on road gigs with me. If this person doesn't want to have someone look after her while he is gone, I would be happy to go to the house and stay with her for a short period of time, say ten to fifteen years at the most.
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175