Rancilio Silvia E - it says in the invoice it's 110 volt...

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rynegold

Postby rynegold » Jul 13, 2018, 6:56 pm

Will this for sure Works stateside? I just got this on eBay, and it came from espresso zone.com in Ohio. It says on the safety test report that is good for 1:10 volt. It has a 110 volt plug. Am I good to go here Stateside with this? It was sold to a person in Florida, I have the original invoice from earlier this year. It is a new, unused machine... Still has all the packaging and white tape over everything.

Nunas

Postby Nunas » Jul 13, 2018, 9:02 pm

I've never heard of 1:10 volts...got to be a misprint. What does it say on the plate affixed to the machine (look on the back or the bottom)...to meet UL standards it has to state on the plate the operating voltage. In any case, since your machine has a US plug and was sold by a known US distributor, I'd guess you're good to go on standard US residential service.

ira

Postby ira » Jul 13, 2018, 10:38 pm

And conceptually the choices are 110 or 220 and even if it's 220, plugging it into a 110 outlet will not cause a problem, it will heat heat up really slowly or not enough.

Ira

stevier

Postby stevier » Yesterday, 1:43 am

Generally speaking 110v is referring to the exact same thing as 120v - US power is 120v, 60Hz, and with resistance in wiring / etc., you'll often see it drop down to 115 or even closer to 110v. Also, I don't think any countries with 220 or 240v standard outlets use the same plug - so if it has a standard US plug attached, you're good to go.

In short - sounds fine to me.