Quickmill QM67 Evo on the way

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mckolit

#1: Post by mckolit »

I was ready to get my first prosumer espresso machine, an Appartamento (currently own a delonghi ec155) all I needed to decide on was white or copper. This was based completely on looks, something about the machine's looks got me. My budget was set at $1550 firm. I already have a super jolly so grinder was not an issue. One of the vendors I was looking at offered a gift card with purchase and I could use that to get a grouphead thermometer for free. HX flush would be a breeze. I had a week before my espresso funds came in so I started really looking at the espresso machine forums. HX flush, grouphead thermometer discussions, hx vs db. Then I started looking at the open box/buyer's remorse deals at different vendors. If I up my budget just a tiny bit, I could move up, but I wouldn't be getting the freebies and I wanted a grouphead thermometer so I could up the budget just a little bit more. Now I'm getting into refurbished db territory! I remember the old recommendation by Schomer 10+ years ago for the brewtus as the best home machine at that time. But I wanted a new machine, and then the qm67 popped into my radar. I don't know how I missed it before, but I just found out about it this week. I read the discussions about it, watched the vids, looked at instagram pics. Budget is now set at $1900. Firm. And here we are. Vendor says they should be getting the machines around Friday. So next week I finally get a real machine. Reading the manual now. Can't wait!

Kryptonicspb

#2: Post by Kryptonicspb »

Very nice be sure to post up pics when it comes!

ChrisCoffee? That's where I bought my QM

mckolit (original poster)

#3: Post by mckolit (original poster) replying to Kryptonicspb »

I'll be taking plenty of pics :D . I got it from espresso outlet. They have a pretty good deal, free accessories up to $199 with purchase.

#4: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

I just got a notification that the package will arrive this Saturday. Coming much sooner than I thought. Woo hoo. I was planning to use this weekend to repurpose an ikea kitchen cart I've been using in the garage for my behmor. Paint it and stain it and make it look presentable for the bride's approval. I'll see what I can finish by tomorrow. I can't really have a nice shiny machine just sitting in a box waiting for a table and she's already told me the kitchen countertops are off limits. I just finished the super jolly fudge funnel mod last night and got an smkf leveling tool. That thing is heavy. So close!

#5: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

There's the table. Maybe more than just the Behmor on it. Will have to move some stuff.

That's better. Just need to wipe the tabletop clean and get it ready for the stain. Tabletop will be stained, the rest I'll paint white.

r7

#6: Post by r7 »

A project! Looking forward to seeing the results with your new gear.

#7: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

All done. Just waiting for the stain to dry. First thing going on it will be the super jolly and I'll finally have a place to put my other coffee making things so they're not on the wife's counters.

Kryptonicspb

#8: Post by Kryptonicspb »

Nice work I love the contrast on the table

#9: Post by mckolit (original poster) replying to Kryptonicspb »

Thank you. Google was my friend with this one. Tons of people to copy.

In the house, slowly getting the team together. The other coffee making equipment will go on the shelves below. I'll find out tomorrow whether the super jolly should go on the left or the right side. :D

#10: Post by mckolit (original poster) »

So I just got a separate shipping number for the machine. Won't arrive until Friday. The accessories are the things coming today. Jumped the gun by just a bit but at least the table is ready.