Quick Mill Dual Boiler QM67 - Page 8

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
nhokt

#71: Post by nhokt »

I believe someone requested a picture of the inside of the machine, I took this when adjusting the position of the OPV so it better aligns with the access port.

I've been playing with different steam tips. My steaming skills are a bit lacking so I was looking to slow things down a bit. Pictured below are the (L to R) Silvia tip, stock QM67 tip and CCS new Isomac tip. My very unscientific toothpick test shows that the holes size also decreases from left to right. So far, the Isomac tip has been a good tool to help my steam skills, I imagine this wouldn't be a helpful option for most folks more experienced with steaming.

Lastly, a shot sequence...

seking

#72: Post by seking »

Chris (or anyone else for that matter) : Kindly post a video of you foaming milk with the QM67, pulling a shot, then making a good drink. Who can consistently get good foam with this machine? I mean microfoam the consistency of paint. I am completely unable to do so despite over 10 years of daily experience and the ability on my previous machines..Expobar, Silvia, a bunch of cheaper machines...
Thanks,

john.coleman24

#73: Post by john.coleman24 »

Have you seen this?:

https://vimeo.com/44534897

nhokt

#74: Post by nhokt »

seking wrote:Chris (or anyone else for that matter) : Kindly post a video of you foaming milk with the QM67, pulling a shot, then making a good drink. Who can consistently get good foam with this machine? I mean microfoam the consistency of paint. I am completely unable to do so despite over 10 years of daily experience and the ability on my previous machines..Expobar, Silvia, a bunch of cheaper machines...
Thanks,
Maybe you can post a video of your technique, it may be more helpful as there are videos by CCS and Quick Mill posted of the machine steaming milk.

morik

#75: Post by morik »

Hi Scott, I notice you are a fellow QM67 owner from LA like me. If you like I can share with you how I steam successfully on the QM67 in person with you on your machine. My machine history is Silvia>Crossland CC1>QM67 and I am extremely happy with it's steaming ability so far. PM me if you are interested.