Quick Mill Andreja ready light

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DJL

#1: Post by DJL »

Been using my 2019 Andreja Premium for a almost a week now, I have yet to see the green "ready" light come on. Is this light supposed to do something?

Giampiero

#2: Post by Giampiero »

Probably should light on once boiler is refilling.

Advertisement
LObin

#3: Post by LObin »

Almost a week?
Seems about just the right time to empty that boiler and refill it with fresh water! 8)

Je te donne le feu vert ;) (See what I did here...)

*If you do so, don't forget to turn off the machine before and to turn it back on in the 1 or safety position.
LMWDP #592

DJL (original poster)

#4: Post by DJL (original poster) replying to LObin »

Salut LObin, yes it will be a week on Saturday. So you suggest I empty the boiler? I think you already posted instructions on how to do this, could you repost?

According to the out-dated manual from ChrisCoffee, the green "ready" light should cycle back on once the boiler temp is back up to preset temp. I'm pulling good shots and group pressure gauge cycles from 0 up to 9.5 - 10 bars when pulling shots. Boiler pressure gauge goes from .5 to 1.5 but never higher. So this is working as expected. The red heater light cycles on and off every minute or so - this is working properly, it's the green that never comes on. I'm able to enjoy my espresso drinks but I'm expecting my brand new >$2k machine to be fully functional, I'm sure QM didn't put that "ready" light there as a decoration :-)

Jake_G
Team HB

#5: Post by Jake_G »

According to Chris' Coffee, it is an indicator to tell you the auto-fill is engaged:

Image: Andreja Premiun control diagrams from Chris' Coffee

To test it, all you need do is draw water down with the hot water wand. The light should turn on when the pump kicks on to refill the boiler.

Cheers!

- Jake

*Edit*
And on page 6 of the same manual I see what you're talking about:

I'd give Chris' a call and get some clarification on the function of your light.
LMWDP #704

DJL (original poster)

#6: Post by DJL (original poster) »

Thanks Jake_g. I may have a more recent user guide (albeit still out-of-date for my new machine) that says the green light (# 4 ) under the red heating indicator light is a "ready indicator"light and should cycle on whenever the heating light is off. Either way it never comes on. So my question remains, Is my brand new machine defective??

LObin

#7: Post by LObin »

So it doesn't come on after drawing water from the hot water wand...?
LMWDP #592

Advertisement
Jake_G
Team HB

#8: Post by Jake_G »

Looks to me like it's a (bit of a) gimmick. Just wired up to the N.O. contacts on the pressurestat such that when the heating element is off, the green light is on.

You may just have a burnt out lamp...

Cheers!

-Jake
LMWDP #704

LObin

#9: Post by LObin »

Also, you mention the boiler pressure nanometer ranging from .5 to 1.5. Unless this is a typo, this is abnormal. You have a Sirai pstat in your Andreja Premium Evo. Sirai deadbands are factory set at .2 bar.

I believe you've mentioned before that the pstat was clicking (turning ON the heating element) when the gauge reads 1 bar and clicking again (OFF) at 1.2 bar. If that's still the case, then everything is normal. If however the boiler gauge reads pressures higher than 1.2 bar, I would contact IDC.

*To empty and refill your Andreja's boiler:
1. Turn OFF the machine after the boiler gauge reads full pressure.
2. Open the hot water valve and run water from the hot water diffuser until no more water comes out.
3. Turn the machine back ON with the rocker switch in the I position (heating element OFF).
4. Put the rocker switch in II position once the pump has finished filling up the boiler.
5. If for some reason the pump is working for more than 45-60 seconds, turn OFF the machine for 2 minutes then turn it back ON.
I guess the green light on your machine should be ON as it is the power indicator light...
LMWDP #592

DJL (original poster)

#10: Post by DJL (original poster) »

LObin wrote:So it doesn't come on after drawing water from the hot water wand...?
Ok, so I pulled out the reservoir, drained the boiler, refilled the reservoir, reset power switch to I position, refilled the boiler, set power switch back to II position, let things warm up for 20 minutes and now when I draw water from the hot water wand the mystery light comes on. :-)

Jake, where did you get your QM Andreja manual? Can I download it from somwhere? It looks a bit more recent than my manual. I have one from QM that is pretty useless.