Quick Mill Andreja ready light - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DJL

#11: Post by DJL » Oct 03, 2019, 8:42 pm

LObin wrote:Also, you mention the boiler pressure nanometer ranging from .5 to 1.5. Unless this is a typo, this is abnormal. You have a Sirai pstat in your Andreja Premium Evo. Sirai deadbands are factory set at .2 bar.
In idle mode (before and after a shot) the boiler pressure gauge sits at 1 bar, never goes past 1.5 when pulling a shot...

LObin

#12: Post by LObin » Oct 03, 2019, 8:55 pm

There is no reason for your boiler pressure gauge to read a higher pressure while pulling a shot. Look at the IDC review video while he pulls shots. It doesn't bulge.

It should only drop when steaming milk or during it's normal cycle.

Keep an eye on it next time you pull a shot.

Might want to tell Chris's coffee that they need to update their user manual and change "power indicator light" to "mystery light"!

DJL

#13: Post by DJL » replying to LObin » Oct 03, 2019, 9:08 pm

Yes, I'll keep an eye on boiler gauge next time I pull a shot. I think you're correct, it drops when pulling a shot or steaming milk...

I wish QM would produce a freaking detailed manual, could be because this version of the Andreja is customized to USA specs (Chris Coffee collaboration) they also supply the machines IDC sells for Canadian market. So maybe Europeans get a QM produced manual? On the other hand, manual is not needed with people like you here on HB. :-)

Page 16 of QM's manual which covers all their E61 machines:

Jake_G
Team HB

#14: Post by Jake_G » Oct 03, 2019, 9:31 pm

DJL wrote:Ok, so I pulled out the reservoir, drained the boiler, refilled the reservoir, reset power switch to I position, refilled the boiler, set power switch back to II position, let things warm up for 20 minutes and now when I draw water from the hot water wand the mystery light comes on. :-)

Jake, where did you get your QM Andreja manual? Can I download it from somwhere? It looks a bit more recent than my manual. I have one from QM that is pretty useless.
It's in the link below the picture I posted.

Cheers!

- Jake

cooldavidt

#15: Post by cooldavidt » Nov 06, 2019, 9:01 pm

The problem-

I too have an Quickmill Andreja Premium EVO espresso maker. When the machine is turned on in the morning from room temperature with the lever in the full down position the boiler heating light comes on and the the temperature probe I have in the head starts to move upwards. The syphon is happening correctly. However the temperature only hits about 130F and will not move further.

My 'solution' is to run hot water through the head before pulling my shots and doing this I can bring the temperature up to 180F. I immediately put in the loaded portafilter and make my coffee.

Which is pretty good coffee.

BUT

The question remains why does the flow of hot water through the head stop at 130F?

Amongst the different approaches I have used are

- blowing off steam and water through the hot water vale after it has reached 130F

- moving the lever upwards until a very small amount of water is coming out. This will warm the head, but it is not stable and when I turn the machine off the next morning the head is cold as not water is coming through.

- backwashing (several times)

For some reason I cannot explain when I turned the machine on one morning it did go up to 220F. However I have not been able to replicate this situation.

I can take some pictures and send them if that would help.

My pressure is OK at 1.2 Bar

Any ideas?

This is my first post here and I thought it would be ok to tag on to this similar topic. If it is poor etiquette I can go elsewhere!

David

slipchuck

#16: Post by slipchuck » replying to cooldavidt » Nov 07, 2019, 9:26 am

My Quickmill anita which is similar to yours had the same problem. Is there a delay on when the lever is pulled and when water is coming out and it grouphead?
My check valve was letting water get by it causing the grouphead thermometer to read cold.
It was replaced once and seemed to work fine for a week or two.
I descaled it a couple of times and the problem of low grouphead temperature went away.
It's possible that a descaling might help your problem

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

DJL

#17: Post by DJL » Nov 07, 2019, 7:12 pm

cooldavidt wrote:The problem-

I too have an Quickmill Andreja Premium EVO espresso maker. When the machine is turned on in the morning from room temperature with the lever in the full down position the boiler heating light comes on and the the temperature probe I have in the head starts to move upwards. The syphon is happening correctly. However the temperature only hits about 130F and will not move further.

My 'solution' is to run hot water through the head before pulling my shots and doing this I can bring the temperature up to 180F. I immediately put in the loaded portafilter and make my coffee.

Which is pretty good coffee.

BUT

The question remains why does the flow of hot water through the head stop at 130F?

Amongst the different approaches I have used are

- blowing off steam and water through the hot water vale after it has reached 130F

- moving the lever upwards until a very small amount of water is coming out. This will warm the head, but it is not stable and when I turn the machine off the next morning the head is cold as not water is coming through.

- backwashing (several times)

For some reason I cannot explain when I turned the machine on one morning it did go up to 220F. However I have not been able to replicate this situation.

I can take some pictures and send them if that would help.

My pressure is OK at 1.2 Bar

Any ideas?

This is my first post here and I thought it would be ok to tag on to this similar topic. If it is poor etiquette I can go elsewhere!

David
My machine has no problem getting to up temp, I use a Wemo to turn it on in the morning. I have installed a thermostat on the brew head - within 30 minutes it's up to 220f. How old is you machine?

cooldavidt

#18: Post by cooldavidt » Nov 08, 2019, 8:39 pm

It is the Premium EVO. first purchased in 2017.