QM Anita - reduce machine height by shaving rubber feet?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jt01

#1: Post by jt01 »

Our new kitchen countertops are thicker, so now I need more space (~1cm) to fit machine below existing wall cabinets.
Possible to cut/grind rubber feet? Chris' Coffee has only OEM parts.

I could search a home improvement store for shorter M4 screws (22 front and 25 rear) and shorter feet.

Or I could try sanding the feet - a pedicure?

Similarly need reduce height of N-S G60 grinder

lagoon

#2: Post by lagoon »

For the grinder, one option would be to cut 10mm off the hopper. Then again, if the situation under the cabinet is that tight, you would need to pull the grinder out to refill it.

cafeIKE

#3: Post by cafeIKE »

Many grinders have shorter hopper options for other models in their lines.

Giampiero

#4: Post by Giampiero »

The original rubber foot is 23mm long, the screw head goes inside the foot for about 6/7mm, so you probably have to cut your machine feet from the top of the feet, i mean not from the side that touch the kitchen counter.
Anyway check below the machine if there are any bolt that could interfere once the feet become only 13mm ( if you have to cut 10mm).

jt01 (original poster)

#5: Post by jt01 (original poster) »

Thx! Measuring more precisely, we really only need the Anita to be 3mm shorter. Maybe I'll try a finishing sander to shave away a bit of material.

JRising
Team HB

#6: Post by JRising »

I would remove and keep the original feet, but put something "self-adhesive" on the bottom to protect the counter.
https://www.amazon.ca/GorillaPads-CB147 ... 08C373VBW/

cafeIKE

#7: Post by cafeIKE »

Take the original feet to a metal shop and have them turned down to the precise height necessary.