Profitec water tank float cover loose

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mycatsnameisbernie

#1: Post by mycatsnameisbernie »

While changing the water in my Profitec Pro 500's tank, the cover that holds in the water level float came loose. It is part #3 in drawing 02 on page 4 of the parts diagram. I put the float and the cover back in the tank, but it's not held in securely. If I slosh the water in the tank around enough, the buoyancy of the float pushes the cover off. There is a tab on the top of the cover which faces towards the center of the tank, but it doesn't appear to lock into anything.

Looking at the parts diagrams for other Profitec machines, it appears that the 300 and 700 (but not the 600) have similar water tanks and floats.

Are there any Profitec 300, 500, or 700 owners out there who can give me some info on how the float cover is supposed to firmly attach?

Thanks for the help!

raidensix

#2: Post by raidensix »

There's an orientation to the cap where it's snug and will keep the float in place.

Advertisement
mycatsnameisbernie (original poster)

#3: Post by mycatsnameisbernie (original poster) »

My cap is oriented the same as in the picture, but it is not snug. I called WLL support (who sold me my machine). They are mailing me a new cap.

Thanks for the help!

mycatsnameisbernie (original poster)

#4: Post by mycatsnameisbernie (original poster) »

I received my replacement cover from WLL. It's a much better design. Check out the photo comparing old and new design.

The new cover has dimples on it that hold in place firmly. My PP 500 has a manufacturing date of March 2020, so I'm surprised it didn't ship with the better part.