Profitec Pro 700 PID temperature offset - how to change it?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
RedBarchetta

#1: Post by RedBarchetta »

Hey all - Read the myriad of threads here and have followed the directions to test flash boil point. Looks like mine is closer to 102/103 than 100.
So for next steps do I change the setting on the PID menu (E1) from 27 to 29 or 30?
Thanks!!

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by PIXIllate »

Turn the machine off. Hold down both the arrow buttons while turning rhe machine back on. You are now in the advanced PID settings menu. This link may also help:

https://clivecoffee.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... D-Settings

RedBarchetta (original poster)

#3: Post by RedBarchetta (original poster) »

Thank you for the link. I can get in the menu I'm just not sure what I should change the setting to? What should that value be?
Thx!!!

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by PIXIllate »

Adjust the E1 setting for the brew boiler offset. Here's a link to my post about it:

Profitec Pro 600 Owner Experience

There are downloads for the 700 at the Clive Coffee link. You should find a full description of what each of the settings are there.

#5: Post by RedBarchetta (original poster) »

OK, I've got it thx.

#6: Post by RedBarchetta (original poster) »

For anyone who's done this before, does this look about right at 209F?
I'm trying to get a Cafe Cartepani Cinquestelle dialed in and there is still a tinge of sour at 205, went to 207 and got a little better. Which makes me think I need to go one more degree C higher on the PID setting? Am I thinking about that right?

Pressino

#7: Post by Pressino »

To me it looks like the water from the showerscreen is just at a boil. That may be OK for a heat exchanger machine but for a double boiler it would indicate the brew boilertemp is set too high. Not sure if I'm interpreting what I see correctly, so others may chime in.

#8: Post by RedBarchetta (original poster) »

That's kind of what I was thinking.

OK, back to the drawing board and run this exercise over again.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by PIXIllate »

Can't tell you much from that one example.

Best practice is to change the machine over to Celsius for the procedure and then set the machine to 97C. Give it 20-40 minutes to stabilize and video the water. Move up to 98C and repeat including the wait time for stabilization. Go up to 102 or 103.then edit the videos together or watch them back to back.

You want the first one that basically starts to boil and bubble almost immediately to be 100C.

#10: Post by RedBarchetta (original poster) »

That's the process I followed, should have videoed the first time around :x . Gotta do it again

Thanks again for the responses!!! Appreciate the help