Profitec Pro 700 maintenance vacuum relief valve - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBoy E61

#11: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

icantroast wrote:Does a metal tee last longer? Should I just replace it from the getgo?

I would replace plastic with metal that won't dry out, crack or otherwise be likely to deteriorate.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

threesips

#12: Post by threesips »

catmug wrote:...do you have to take the whole fitting out? Or is there a way to only remove the top portion of the fitting?
Yes, you need to remove the entire valve. It's not difficult, and if you have a deep enough socket wrench it can be reached without taking off the machine's side panels.

Here's a good step-by-step video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9P0t7__9ZM

Advertisement
Ikaz84

#13: Post by Ikaz84 »

This has got to be the funniest day of the year. Here I am searing for parts online for my ECM synchronika and saw your post.
Last night, I dissembled my machine to realize the plastic tee has basically disintegrated (only 1 end was left) and I am not sure how my machine was working. the same thing came to mind, why plastic? I have been trying to source this brass Tee but here in Egypt (So far anyways) I only found the 10mm one (0,4 inch).. I have asked a shop to make me one :)

I emailed the supplier (Bellabarista - In the UK) which I bought it from, they listed a load of stuff that needs changes and yes your red o-ring on the anti vaum valve has broken and its out of stock in most places :(

I dissembled the boiler, Saw it is full of scale. I bought this machine in 2017 and have not done a descale till now. I foolishly put the whole element with the brass piping and the terminal ends are now pinkish from the copper. Should i be ordering another element? I saw in another post this is going to cause some electrical issues. Logistics of ordering stuff to Egypt is quite a nightmare so I wanna make sure I order everything at once. I also cannot find anywhere the silicon pipes which i ripped out because the plastic had melted inside of it.

In addition, a few tap seals needs to be changed. My Brew boiler gauge, filled with water - that also needs to be changed.

I bought a crap load of tools to get into this.. lets hope I can put it back together. I disassembled the whole setup from pump to brew boilers.. will be an interesting ride for sure.

Regarding the anti-vacum valve, does the o-ring fit? or Should i be ordering this from whole latte love?

Do you happen to know what type and size of plastic piping is this? is it teflon?

Anyways..interesting ride for sure... sporting the V60 for now.

Coffeechuck

#14: Post by Coffeechuck »

Ok, I realize your post is about 9 months old, but I am in search for the small red gasket/o-ring that you may still have about 99 left over of....

Any chance you can get me one, I'll send you the cost via PayPal or Venmo etc, let me know please.
Also, if you happen to have some brass tee for the 8 mm silicone tubing, please let me know, I need one of those also....

Thanks much, happy brewing!

KH

jrham12

#15: Post by jrham12 »

catmug wrote:For those of you that were successful replacing the O-Rings on the vacuum breaker on Pro 700/Sync: do you have to take the whole fitting out? Or is there a way to only remove the top portion of the fitting? Space is really tight, but I don't love having to remove something from the boiler if I don't have to...
When I changed mine, I was able to open up the vacuum relief valve and lift the little plunger out without taking the whole valve out of the boiler... It was fairly easy to do on the Synchronika at least...

Josh

jrham12

#16: Post by jrham12 »

Coffeechuck wrote:Ok, I realize your post is about 9 months old, but I am in search for the small red gasket/o-ring that you may still have about 99 left over of....

Any chance you can get me one, I'll send you the cost via PayPal or Venmo etc, let me know please.
Also, if you happen to have some brass tee for the 8 mm silicone tubing, please let me know, I need one of those also....

Thanks much, happy brewing!

KH
These are the ones I bought from McMaster Carr: https://www.mcmaster.com/9396K12/ I had originally rebuilt my valve with one of the rebuild kits from Clive but it ended up leaking again after a few weeks. I then just replaced the o-ring with one of these and it has been fine for about 8 months now...

Josh

neutro

#17: Post by neutro »

Regarding the plastic tee replacement... I see some of you ordered 1/4-inch OD tees, and others 5/16-inch OD. I guess it doesn't matter much with the silicon tubing? Or is there a clear best size?

I just realized my tee is broken, producing a recurring small leak that has made the frame rust over time :cry:

Advertisement
Snoroqc

#18: Post by Snoroqc »

This is 1,5 mm difference. 1/4 work for me...