Profitec Pro 600 steam wand supposed to be pretty loose?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
redcoat

#1: Post by redcoat »

Hi all,

Received a Profitec Pro 600 for Christmas and enjoying starting to play with it (very new to all this!).

Have a question about the steam wand - is it meant to be pretty loose (especially when the machine is heated) so that slight pressure on it when steaming causes it to move? I was expecting it to be fairly stiff to facilitate keeping the jug spout against it.

cheers,

David

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by PIXIllate »

I would say easily manipulated, not loose.

redcoat (original poster)

#3: Post by redcoat (original poster) replying to PIXIllate »

Gotcha. Do you have it? No issues when steaming and keeping the wand in the correct place?

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by PIXIllate »

Yes, I have a 600. No, I've never had the wand move once I put it where I want it.

It's just a ball and socket joint so you may want to tighten the nut a hair. Don't forget to put electrical tape or something around it as the chrome plating is easily marked.

JRising
Team HB

#5: Post by JRising »

You can open the socket, clean a bit of the grease off of the ball and reassemble it (possibly slightly tighter).
I agree with a rag on the wrench or tape on the chrome to prevent leaving marks.

It will change over time, in a couple years you'll quite possibly be wanting to put more grease on the ball.

BladeAndStone
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by BladeAndStone »

Two of My close friends have a 600 and had the same issue. So loose it tends to droop when positioned and left to float...yet it falls down with gravity slowly.

I helped one of them disassemble the nut and clean off the ball joint. It made it slightly better but not much. The other friend has had one for a few years and his is nice and stiff....so I am chalking it up to a "break in period".
redcoat wrote:Hi all,

Received a Profitec Pro 600 for Christmas and enjoying starting to play with it (very new to all this!).

Have a question about the steam wand - is it meant to be pretty loose (especially when the machine is heated) so that slight pressure on it when steaming causes it to move? I was expecting it to be fairly stiff to facilitate keeping the jug spout against it.

cheers,

David