Profitec Pro 600 Owner Experience - Page 9

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
PIXIllate (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#81: Post by PIXIllate (original poster) »

SCARR2K wrote:Had a chance to run a few shots through after adjusting my LFBT on the PP600 and gotta say I really believe the shots taste better. Again appreciate all the help and instruction (especially Chris).
Glad it improved things for you. I know that it did for me, if you don't know what your machine is doing when it's set to 200f then it's going to make things a lot tougher. Now you can do the final dial in by taste. I'm often at 200 or 202F for a lot of medium roast coffees. And anywhere from 197 down to 192 for dark roast.

jgordon311

#82: Post by jgordon311 »

Hey everyone. I'm finally ready to give up my BDB and go for a better made machine. Right now, my top two choices are the PP600 (with or without flow control, undecided there too) and the La Spaziale LUCCA A53 Mini/Mini Vivaldi II. Two of my biggest concerns are longevity and ability to perform most necessary maintenance/repairs myself. I was wondering what your thoughts may be after owning the PP600 after a year or more. Thanks.

Supporter ♡

#83: Post by PIXIllate (original poster) »

I've had my PRO600 since last July and other would buy it again today if I had it to do over again. The other machines I might consider today after having a lot of experience tasting and making espresso would be a Londinium or a Decent. I don't have the space for a lever and I'm less convinced the Decent would be right for me as my tastes are not veering into the light/ultra light category.

Bangarang

#84: Post by Bangarang »

jgordon311 wrote:Hey everyone. I'm finally ready to give up my BDB and go for a better made machine. Right now, my top two choices are the PP600 (with or without flow control, undecided there too) and the La Spaziale LUCCA A53 Mini/Mini Vivaldi II. Two of my biggest concerns are longevity and ability to perform most necessary maintenance/repairs myself. I was wondering what your thoughts may be after owning the PP600 after a year or more. Thanks.
I'm a year in with my FC 600 and it's been a flawless piece of machinery. The only maintenence I've needed to do is the occasional backflush cleaning cycle. I added an in-tank water filter for my well water which also helped out the flavor.

If you're in this deep, to me it's silly to not spend the extra couple hundred on FC. You don't have to use it by any means all the time, but I've found I enjoy straying off the beaten path every so often to experiment with it. I keep a sheet nearby of flow profiles I've found online for quick reference when I feel I've got a bean really dialed in and am ready to break out to challenge my taste buds. I also use it to "save" a shot that didn't get the grind quite right. You can compensate for a slow/fast shot if you're quick enough to catch it and still get a halfway decent drink.

jgordon311

#85: Post by jgordon311 » replying to Bangarang »

I splurged and ordered one. Should be here in about a week. I'm super excited haha.

Bangarang

#86: Post by Bangarang »

Wooooot!! Prepare for a bit of frustration as you get up to speed and let us know how it goes!

jgordon311

#87: Post by jgordon311 »

So I'm looking at setting the temperature offset first thing once the machine arrives. I've watched Jim Schulman's video for setting it and tried to glean information from some of the posts here. I live at a high altitude and water boils at 197.36 F or close to 91.8C. Anyone else live at high altitudes that has dealt with odd temperature offsets?

1rider
Supporter ♡

#88: Post by 1rider »

I am roughly 10 days in with my new 600 and am very happy overall with the machine.

My takeaways so far;

-Water tank seemed it would be small, but in use has proven to be adequate. I have topped it off every other day and likely could let it go another.

-It has flow control which I told myself I wouldn't mess with. I couldn't resist and despite knowing nothing it has been a pleasure to mess around with.

-My wife loves steamed milk drinks, any and all kinds. This machine delivers the steam very well. My gripe is with the steam wand and that it is horizontally mounted and rotates from straight down to pointed at the user. On other machine I am able to keep pressure on the want with the pitcher as they don't rotate so far up. This is a minor thing I've had to adapt to and I knew the wand was this way when choosing this machine.

-The pump is quiet compared to some other machines I have experienced. I rather hear my music than my espresso machine's pump.

-I don't love that there isn't a bulkhead mounted switch to shut off the steam boiler when it's not wanted (shutoff is via PID). Again, I knew this when making the purchase and it is minor.

-The PID display maintains a decimal point in the temperature values displayed .94 for 94*C brew boiler and 1.30 for 130*C steam boiler. See photo.
Can the decimal point be gotten rid of?

-I really like the ECO mode that the machine goes into after idle time. This was something I had ant really given any consideration to when I read about this feature. But it has been nice as we have found we simply leave the machine on over the weekend and simply press the button to "wake" it up.

All in all I am happy with the choice and look forward to learning how to get the most out of the Pro 600.

Cheers,
Patrick

timoseewho

#89: Post by timoseewho »

Hi, do you guys go with the 8 or 8.5mm replacement gasket for the 600?

Thanks

Supporter ♡

#90: Post by PIXIllate (original poster) » replying to timoseewho »