Profitec Pro 600 vs. Expobar Brewtus IV

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cpro48609

#1: Post by cpro48609 »

Pro 600 VS Brewtus IV

- The 'fit and finish' on the Pro 600 is definitely there. You can tell it's a better made product no question.
- Built-in shot timer. This is one of those things that "don't really matter" until you have one and then you never want to not have one lol.
I had a magnet timer with the Brewtus but a built-in timer that's activated by the lever is very, very handy.
-Boilers are a little smaller so I'm predicting a quicker heat up time. I'll measure both during the video review. I only make 1 to 2 at a time so quicker heat up time is a big bonus for me.
- Steam pressure is crazy good! I only have it set to 1.6-1.7 bar but it goes to 2 which is a lot of steaming power!
- Valves seem easier to operate. I could be mistaken but I think the Pro 600 has 'sprung valves' and the Brewtus has 'regular valves'? I notice the Pro 600's are easier to turn on and off for some reason. I would really like to upgrade to joysticks maybe in the near future, not sure yet.
- Water reservoir seems thicker and made of 'higher grade' plastic? I can't verify the materials but the Pro 600 just feels like better plastic. The Brewtus water reservoir still has a strange plastic smell to it. The Pro 600 did not, even fresh out of the box.

Sette 270 WI VS Ceado e6p v2

- My Sette had a HUGE static issue! No idea why as others have seen my video and said theirs isn't like that. It is winter here in Michigan so maybe the inside heat is creating more static and the Sette is just sensitive to it?
The Ceado doesn't have any noticeable static issue that I can see.
- Grinding into the portafilter. Seems like a simple request right? With the Sette I had to grind into the included plastic cup as going direct into the portafilter would splatter grounds ALL OVER the cupboard! Mainly due to the static issue I think but it was bad. The Ceado lets me grind direct into the PF no problem at all.
-Noise. The Ceado is much quieter than the Sette.
** I did have to dial in the Ceado as out of the box it was set at 0 and was way too fine. It would barely come out and almost choked the unit. Now that it's dialed in it comes out very nice in the middle of the PF.
- Build quality is obviously much better in the Caedo.
** I think the Sette 270wi is a great unit, maybe I just got a dud or it somehow attracted a LOT of static from our house. But as I'll show in the video it's just not working out very well in my house compared to the Ceado, which seems to function 'normally'.

Minor dislikes (cons)
- This is trivial and subjective lol, but the Brewtus bottom mounted single hole steam tip could point right in my sink for quick steam bursts to clear the wand. The 'new angled' wand on the Pro 600 doesn't really point left of the machine. It kind of goes straight down. Also the 2-hole tip can't focus in 1 direction but on the flip side the 2-hole tip steams much quicker than the 1 hole beginner tip so.......
- gauges. I wish the gauges were near the top instead of the bottom. Just a bit easier to see but no big deal though.

On the Ceado
- Hopper is clear. Why wouldn't it be tinted or UV restricting? Isn't sunlight bad for beans? I could always make something and also they get refilled every couple of days but why not a tinted more 'blacked out' hopper?

The upcoming video will reveal things in much greater detail but that's been my observation so far. I just got the unit today and after about 5-6 dial in shots, I am producing a nice shot from the Pro 600 (to my liking anyway).

Bmccall
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Bmccall »

cpro48609 wrote:I'll post a video soon to better show my findings. Most noticeable things so far:

Pro 600 VS Brewtus IV

- The 'fit and finish' on the Pro 600 is definitely there. You can tell it's a better made product no question.
- Built-in shot timer. This is one of those things that "don't really matter" until you have one and then you never want to not have one lol.
I had a magnet timer with the Brewtus but a built-in timer that's activated by the lever is very, very handy.
-Boilers are a little smaller so I'm predicting a quicker heat up time. I'll measure both during the video review. I only make 1 to 2 at a time so quicker heat up time is a big bonus for me.
- Steam pressure is crazy good! I only have it set to 1.6-1.7 bar but it goes to 2 which is a lot of steaming power!
- Valves seem easier to operate. I could be mistaken but I think the Pro 600 has 'sprung valves' and the Brewtus has 'regular valves'? I notice the Pro 600's are easier to turn on and off for some reason. I would really like to upgrade to joysticks maybe in the near future, not sure yet.
- Water reservoir seems thicker and made of 'higher grade' plastic? I can't verify the materials but the Pro 600 just feels like better plastic. The Brewtus water reservoir still has a strange plastic smell to it. The Pro 600 did not, even fresh out of the box.
Thank you for the detailed comparison between the two machines. I am assuming a lot of these bullet points are talking about the performance of the Pro 600, but I couldn't necessarily tell. For example, you mention the steam pressure is "crazy good", but don't necessarily tell us what machine has crazy good pressure. Looking forward to the video though!

keith023

#3: Post by keith023 »

Nice review, I agree with your points on the Profitec Pro 600. It's a great machine!

You mentioned upgrading to joystick controls for the steam/water? Is that something they offer as an upgrade, I haven't seen anything about that and would be interested in that upgrade.

cpro48609 (original poster)

#4: Post by cpro48609 (original poster) »

Bmccall wrote:Thank you for the detailed comparison between the two machines. I am assuming a lot of these bullet points are talking about the performance of the Pro 600, but I couldn't necessarily tell. For example, you mention the steam pressure is "crazy good", but don't necessarily tell us what machine has crazy good pressure. Looking forward to the video though!
Yes sorry, those points were what the Pro 600 had over the Brewtus. I'll explain it better in the video.

#5: Post by cpro48609 (original poster) »

keith023 wrote:Nice review, I agree with your points on the Profitec Pro 600. It's a great machine!

You mentioned upgrading to joystick controls for the steam/water? Is that something they offer as an upgrade, I haven't seen anything about that and would be interested in that upgrade.
Not an upgrade that is a purchase option per se. I know others have done it with success. They are the same company as ECM and share many similar things as far as build etc... and the Syncronika has joysticks so I"m wondering if they would be easy to purchase and swap?

These valves, however, are much better than the Brewtus so I may be ok with these. The only complaint is since milk gets hot very quickly once it its near 140, there is literally a few seconds before it seems 'too hot'. I would think just flipping a joystick for a super quick off would be the cats behind. I've never used joysticks though so not sure.

keith023

#6: Post by keith023 »

cpro48609 wrote:Not an upgrade that is a purchase option per se. I know others have done it with success. They are the same company as ECM and share many similar things as far as build etc... and the Syncronika has joysticks so I"m wondering if they would be easy to purchase and swap?

These valves, however, are much better than the Brewtus so I may be ok with these. The only complaint is since milk gets hot very quickly once it its near 140, there is literally a few seconds before it seems 'too hot'. I would think just flipping a joystick for a super quick off would be the cats behind. I've never used joysticks though so not sure.
I agree about it being potentially quicker to turn off. Right now, it does take a second or two to turn off the steam, which I account for when steaming. Using a joystick control would seem to fix that. I will have to look around for information on the ECM joysticks and see how easy they are to work into the Profitec 600.

#7: Post by cpro48609 (original poster) »

Video removed and placed on original post.

Snoroqc

#8: Post by Snoroqc »

So you previously bought two automatic machine, then two semi automatic machine and two grinder to do some test? Do you keep theses machines or you return them all?

#9: Post by cpro48609 (original poster) replying to Snoroqc »

I only wound up with one in the end. Some were from Amazon etc so returns were super easy. Started with Gaggia Brera then traded for Babila after shots tasted very weak. Same with Babila so tried Oracle. This led to that etc which eventually led to the Profitec Pro 600 which is my current machine. There will be no more trading, finally done :).

Technobuyer

#10: Post by Technobuyer »

Thank you for your review! I just ordered a Profitec Pro 600, and your video was very helpful in that decision. Can't wait to get it!