Profitec Pro 500 slow to reach "green zone" steam boiler pressure

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pexel

#1: Post by pexel »

Howdy all,

I've noticed that my Profitec Pro 500 boiler pressure is very slow to reach the green zone (1-1.5bar).

An hour after turning on the machine it is sitting at 0.5bar and will not reach 1bar for a good 3-4 hours. When the machine is off it takes hours for it to drop back down to 0 (3 hours since I turned it off and it's at 0.5bar).

PID temperature seems stable at 121 degrees c and brew pressure is within range (top end of the green zone). Could this just be a faulty gauge?

kitt

#2: Post by kitt »

If everything else is behaving normally, it's most likely a partially blocked gauge capillary tube. Either end will be blocked with scale or build up. Do you filter your water? Pretty simple job to undo the tube and clear the blockage, or get it serviced

pexel (original poster)

#3: Post by pexel (original poster) »

kitt wrote:If everything else is behaving normally, it's most likely a partially blocked gauge capillary tube.
Bingo! Thank you so much Kitt. I took apart the tube and indeed there was a minor blockage at one end. Back to normal now!

This was my first time so quite manageable for a newbie. The Whole Latte Love servicing videos on YouTube are a great reference.