Profitec Pro 300 noise/lack of water flow

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
realbrotherjay

#1: Post by realbrotherjay »

I just sold my old Profitec Pro 300 to a friend last week and ensured everything was working on initial setup. Today, he sent me this clip of the machine making an odd sound with the pump engaged and no water coming out of the grouphead. Evidently the shot he was pulling lost pressure completely midway through, accompanied by that sound, and when he removed the portafilter it became evident that no water was flowing from the grouphead. Any thoughts on this?

kenyabob

#2: Post by kenyabob »

Did you empty the boiler before shipping? It sounds a bit like my vibration pump when the water has run and the machine has failed to turn itself off

Advertisement
realbrotherjay (original poster)

#3: Post by realbrotherjay (original poster) »

I sold it locally, but I had it stored for a few months before selling. Followed Clive Coffee's video instruction on how to drain the boilers for storage/shipping (linked below in case it's useful), as well as their video on how to start it up for the first time when setting it up at my friend's house (also linked). So in theory, shouldn't be a pump issue, unless I've missed something, which is entirely possible.