Profitec Go

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
gabeholloway

#1: Post by gabeholloway »

Anyone have any hands-on experience with the Profitec Go? If so would love to hear your thoughts.

dmelt

#2: Post by dmelt »

I too am curious of anyone's thoughts on this machine.

boren

#3: Post by boren »

The Go looks like a Lelit Victoria PL91T killer. It has almost everything the Lelit offers, except pre-infusion, and adds an externally configurable OPV and a larger 400 ml boiler (vs 300 ml). It also has a much more attractive feature set than other SBDU machines like ECM Casa V and Rancilio Silvia.

Jeff
Team HB

#4: Post by Jeff »

With a PID and a 58 mm group and only $170 more than a stock Silvia, that looks competitive.

Eagleboy99

#5: Post by Eagleboy99 »

Looks like a great deal compared to the regular Silvia. Nice little portable machine. I wonder if the ECO mode is the same as the Pro 300 which claims you can turn off the display, which you can't in ECO mode. That means you have to turn the machine off you get a massive useless nightlight.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#6: Post by baldheadracing »

boren wrote:The Go looks like a Lelit Victoria PL91T killer. It has almost everything the Lelit offers, except pre-infusion, and adds an externally configurable OPV and a larger 400 ml boiler (vs 300 ml)...
I'm willing to bet that it's the same boiler/group - pretty much all the machines in this class except Silvia use the same boiler-on-top unsaturated group popularized by Quick Mill and (no longer) Ascaso. Capacity depends on marketing. Is the nominal capacity when you fill the boiler with the heating element installed, or with no element? :wink:
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

chadchat

#7: Post by chadchat »

Hi. I've had the Profitec Go for over a month now. However it's my first ever espresso machine, so it's difficult for me to evaluate it. I can say that it seems to be well made, has a sense of quality all round. It heats up pretty quick, isn't too noisy, and I love that it has a PID and shot timer. Transitioning from shots to steamer is quick also, though the steam wand is pretty short. ECO does stay on the display if you choose Eco mode it seems, though for me it's just a reminder that I didn't remember to turn it off, so it's a good thing.
Happy to try and answer any questions if you have them, though as I say, my knowledge is limited :)

slybarman

#8: Post by slybarman »

boren wrote: It has almost everything the Lelit offers, except pre-infusion, and adds an externally configurable OPV and a larger 400 ml boiler (vs 300 ml).
Maybe I'm missing something, but hard to see how that adds up to "Victoria killer".