Profitec 600 shot timer not working?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Reefguy

#1: Post by Reefguy »

Hello all, maybe a stupid question, long and short I picked up a profitec 600 today, very nice machine,
I'm just getting acquainted, but when I activate brew lever the shot timer does not start?? I do not see anywhere in that manual that addresses this.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Snoroqc

#2: Post by Snoroqc »

The pump is working ok but not the shot timer?

Reefguy (original poster)

#3: Post by Reefguy (original poster) »

Correct, I imagine there doesn't need to be coffee in the portafiltef to start the timer? Temperatures are all fine, I'm stumped.

Snoroqc

#4: Post by Snoroqc replying to Reefguy »

Correct the lever push the button to activate the pump et the timer at the same time. No need having the portafiltef in. Is the machine pid show the brew and steam boiler temperature and other pid information?

#5: Post by Reefguy (original poster) »

Hi yes both temps showing, I double checked bar pressure with backflush disk as well. I don't even see the shot timer mentioned in advanced menu functions.
I'm at a loss. Shiny new toy and no shot timer.
Ironic as they has had an open box quick mill veterans evo and I was leaning towards that one.
Pia to box it and take it in.

Snoroqc

#6: Post by Snoroqc »

Look like a pid module problem. Frustrating situation but idc will take care of it. Don't give up for that reason aver the quickmill.

#7: Post by Reefguy (original poster) »

Thank you, IDC will take care of it, I'm happy with the profitec so far, small glitch, plus I got a fantastic price on it as open box.
Thanks for your help.

keith023

#8: Post by keith023 »

As far as I'm aware there are not settings for the shot timer. I have the Profitec 600 and out of the box the timer would come on when the brew lever was lifted.

#9: Post by Reefguy (original poster) »

Thank you, the 600 had to go in for repairs,
My comfort level was no longer there as this was open box,
Ended up with new Quick Mill Vetrano.