Profitec 500 arrived, what's this tube and grey film? [solved]

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ben8jam

#1: Post by ben8jam »

New Pro 500 arrived today. Unboxed and have some initial questions.

There's a spare piece of rubber tubing in the accessories box, about 8" long. Not referenced in the instruction manual. Any idea what it's for?

The drip tray is covered in a grey film with the name of the laser cutting company on it. I can't get it off, did anyone else's have this?

Lastly, I think I read this somewhere but I couldn't find it, but are the spring valves supposed to be loose when you first turn them and then after a few rotations, then start to feel the tension in the valve?

Looking forward to turning her on in the morning.

kitt

#2: Post by kitt »

The tube is for if you want to add a water filter/softener into the tank, one end on the softener, the other end onto the tank coupling
The film is a laser film, it peels off, but it's not easy
Yes, the rotary valves are supposed to be that way
Enjoy

Advertisement
JayBeck

#3: Post by JayBeck replying to kitt »

All is normal. Enjoy the machine! Rotating the valves is one of my favorite parts.

ben8jam (original poster)

#4: Post by ben8jam (original poster) »

kitt wrote:The tube is for if you want to add a water filter/softener into the tank, one end on the softener, the other end onto the tank coupling
The film is a laser film, it peels off, but it's not easy
Yes, the rotary valves are supposed to be that way
Enjoy
Thank you. Per tube and water softener, Is that what that little plastic insert and flaoty thing are for in the tank?

And man alive that film is on like cement!
JayBeck wrote:Rotating the valves is one of my favorite parts.
Yes they do feel nice to turn, even off. That was one of they reasons I choose the Profitec over the ECM, I didn't like the idea of the joysticks (not that I actually got to play with them).

KoryWMajor

#5: Post by KoryWMajor »

I'm having flashbacks to when I opened my Pro 500!

You're going to love it. I can't tell you how much satisfaction I now get from preparing drinks for myself and my wife. It's become such a soothing ritual for me.

Enjoy!!

kitt

#6: Post by kitt »

ben8jam wrote: Per tube and water softener, Is that what that little plastic insert and flaoty thing are for in the tank?
No, that's the low water sensor, there will also be a metal or plastic coupling in the tank, one end of the hose goes on that, and the other end on the water softener if you choose to use one.

JayBeck

#7: Post by JayBeck »

ben8jam wrote:Yes they do feel nice to turn, even off. That was one of they reasons I choose the Profitec over the ECM, I didn't like the idea of the joysticks (not that I actually got to play with them).
I want a Synchronika with the newly designed Pro 600 Profitec valves. That would be fire!

Advertisement
robertD

#8: Post by robertD »

Here is a link to WLL's support library. I didn't find it until after I had my 500 for a week. Worth reviewing.
https://wiki.wholelattelove.com/Profitec_Pro_500

ben8jam (original poster)

#9: Post by ben8jam (original poster) replying to robertD »

Oh wow, that's a great resource!

Radio.YYZ

#10: Post by Radio.YYZ »

Let us know how you make out with flavour vs duty cycle of a shot. I am finally getting a hold of getting good shots and getting everything right - lots of tinkering and calculations.

Enjoy.
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine