pressurestats and NSF compliance: Barksdale, Sirai, Jaeger, et al ?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
timo888

#1: Post by timo888 »

I admire the know-how of many of the H-B regulars. From H-B member Eric S I've learned that the ailing pstat on my recently acquired 1976 Oly Club should be replaced with one that has heavy-duty connectors because on my machine the pstat controls the heating element directly. Now, if I had a clue how to wire up an SSR, an alternative would be to use a less capable pstat, like the CEME or MA-TER, and have the SSR control the heating element.

I have begun to look around H-B.com and the web at large for more information on pstats. I can't find the Jaeger website, and the Sirai website has lots of 404 Page Not Found and Javascript element errors. On the Barksdale website, one of the first things that came to my attention was this: some of their pressure switches are described as being NSF-approved while others are not.
Regarding their E1S and E1H models, for example, Barksdale wrote:NSF approvals make these pressure switches an ideal choice for pressure control in demanding food and beverage applications.
What is known about the NSF-compliance of the more popular pstat upgrades?

Regards
Timo

Aida Batlle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Batlle
jesawdy

#2: Post by jesawdy »

FYI - Here's a link to a PDF on Jaeger Regulation pressure stats (I found this awhile back):

http://www.controldistributions.com.au/ ... itches.pdf

The manufacturer website is http://www.jaegercontrols.com/ but it is funked up...
Jeff Sawdy

timo888 (original poster)

#3: Post by timo888 (original poster) »

I sent an email to engineering support at Barksdale and asked for a recommendation for an espresso boiler, and the reply I received suggested model 7000 732F, but with the proviso that the maximum operating temperature of the switch is 180°F :!: When I followed up, the tech suggested the switch be used with a cooling loop (though the Barksdale FAQ says only the diaphragm-style switches are appropriate for steam applications).

Regards
Timo

timo888 (original poster)

#4: Post by timo888 (original poster) »