Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 783

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#7821: Post by FotonDrv »

Jake, beautifully done!
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Yinzer-in-JCNJ

#7822: Post by Yinzer-in-JCNJ »

Sharing a pic as something of a "farewell" to this version of my home espresso setup. I've been working with this combo of Gaggia Classic and Baratza Vario since 2018, exclusively for espresso. Hoping to invest in some new equipment for 2023.

monkeyboy

#7823: Post by monkeyboy »

Went from plumbed to using the water reservoir when we moved. A bit of a pain now - but I put some sliders on the espresso machine feet - that helps.
Had the machine for about 8 years.
Grinder just a few months ago.

bluayeddvl

#7824: Post by bluayeddvl »

obligatory terrible early morning pic of my new Bezzera Aria PID w/flow control

espressotime

#7825: Post by espressotime »

Jake_G wrote:After several years enjoying the stock color scheme of my GS/3 that was built in 2007, I decided it was time for a Christmas wardrobe update.

First came the walnut panels, cap and steam knob:

Then came the black powder coat, which I love even more in person than I thought I would:

Happy New Year!
That looks amazing. Beautifully done.

JaBK

#7826: Post by JaBK »

loscorrales wrote:My new setup:

Grinder DF64P with stock flat burrs
Machine VBM domobar super electronic, new version with manual pressure profilling and programable too
How are you finding the VBM Domobar Super Digital Electronic? Not many reviews or opinions on here about this machine, though it looks to have all the sought-after bells and whistles?

vberch

#7827: Post by vberch »

I've always been fascinated by VAM/Caravel machines. After patiently waiting for the right one, I finally added a VAM 1.0 to my stable. My Cremina is alive and well and is not going anywhere :).

Here she is. It's amazing to me that a 65+ year old machine is all original and looks pretty much like new.

The whole machine can be disassembled down to the last part without any tools in a minute:

And, yes, it makes awesome ristrettos too! :)

loscorrales

#7828: Post by loscorrales »

JaBK wrote:How are you finding the VBM Domobar Super Digital Electronic? Not many reviews or opinions on here about this machine, though it looks to have all the sought-after bells and whistles?
It's a very good machine, you can pull a shot and change pressure live, or you can pull a shot with a programmed profile.

Volumetric control is one thing I like too.

earlgrey_44

#7829: Post by earlgrey_44 »

vberch wrote:I've always been fascinated by VAM/Caravel machines. After patiently waiting for the right one, I finally added a VAM 1.0 to my stable.

The whole machine can be disassembled down to the last part without any tools in a minute:
This is the kind of remark that made take you for an engineer when I first met you... :)

Congrats, beautiful find!
Trust your taste. Don't trust your perception.

drgary
Team HB

#7830: Post by drgary »

Ha! I thought so.

Where else would you find such an immaculate example to add to your collection? (From Francesco Ceccarelli.) Congratulations, Vlad! That is the right 1.0.

I just pulled a shot on my Caravel 1.0, which is connected to a PID for excellent temperature control. The offset is about 10°F.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!