Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 780

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
arescec

#7791: Post by arescec »

Hello everyone. Joined the forums recently with the purchase of the Elektra A.3 (A3?) machine.
So far the setup is a 1992 Elektra A.3 that I just recently plumbed in and a Mazzer Super Jolly of unknown
vintage (pre-1990 most likely) that I recently did a rebuild on after it started sparking on the motor leads.
Very happy with the setup and the amount of tinkering that can be done on these built-for-life machines.
The setup was in total <400 euro with the plumbing and motor rebuild, but I was just lucky that there
are not many people interested in heavy commercial machines (or maintenance of them) in Croatia.

coyote-1

#7792: Post by coyote-1 »

Mad Scientist wrote:Hmm, flow control! How did you do that?

I have a Saeco Rio Vapore. I don't think my OPV is adjustable.

I do have the non-pressurized portafilter and am interested in making these mods too.
Here ya go!

Saeco Via Venezia - dimmer and OPV mods

vberch
Supporter ♡

#7793: Post by vberch »

What a great setup!!
arescec wrote:Hello everyone. Joined the forums recently with the purchase of the Elektra A.3 (A3?) machine.
So far the setup is a 1992 Elektra A.3 that I just recently plumbed in and a Mazzer Super Jolly of unknown
vintage (pre-1990 most likely) that I recently did a rebuild on after it started sparking on the motor leads.
Very happy with the setup and the amount of tinkering that can be done on these built-for-life machines.
The setup was in total <400 euro with the plumbing and motor rebuild, but I was just lucky that there
are not many people interested in heavy commercial machines (or maintenance of them) in Croatia.

loscorrales

#7794: Post by loscorrales »

My new setup:

Grinder DF64P with stock flat burrs
Machine VBM domobar super electronic, new version with manual pressure profilling and programable too

spiffdude

#7795: Post by spiffdude »

New setup after my Rocket died. Should be set for a few years ;-)

Damn this forum, I've had too m..muh...mah..mmmm..much caffeine!

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#7796: Post by TenLayers »

GregoryJ wrote:image

Pro 800 I've been enjoying for a little over a year, and HG-1 Prime I've had for about 1 month. I still have the Niche in case I feel lazy, but I'm really liking the results from the HG-1.

Nice set up, Gregory.

TV33

#7797: Post by TV33 »

super_mec : Rocket is dead, how did it happen?

VirTERM

#7798: Post by VirTERM »

Hello all from Ottawa, Canada.
My first post after owning my equipment for approximately a month.
Profitec pro 600 with FC, bottomless Pf, Timemore nano, and Niche Zero.
Still learning, and having lots of fun.

spiffdude

#7799: Post by spiffdude »

TV33 wrote:super_mec : Rocket is dead, how did it happen?
Current theory:

Machine was plumbed in.
Fill solenoid got dirty and would not close all the way.
This caused the boiler to overfill and the overpressure valve to open.
This valve sits on the top of the machine and therefore dumped water all over the motor and rotary pump, which are housed under the boiler.
Got the solenoid fixed and problem solved.
Fast forward 2 years and the motor and pump failed due to apparent general corrosion.
I'm assuming from the overfill event since my machine never had any leak issues.
800 CAD + labor for a machine I paid 1900 CAD 10 years ago.

Sold it for parts, and here I am!

Bought Pro 800, no motor, no pump, no HX, no e-61, one solenoid. Am hoping this low tech approach will provide me with less issues moving forward.
Damn this forum, I've had too m..muh...mah..mmmm..much caffeine!

coyote-1

#7800: Post by coyote-1 »

Mad Scientist wrote:Hmm, flow control! How did you do that?

I have a Saeco Rio Vapore. I don't think my OPV is adjustable.

I do have the non-pressurized portafilter and am interested in making these mods too.
Did you see my post in the Modifications subforum? Did you look inside your own machine yet?

I'm curious as to whether you have an OPV.