Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 776

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slybarman

#7751: Post by slybarman »

andrewx wrote:After using an ECM Synchronika and Ceado E37s for many years, upgrading wasn't something on my mind but I stumbled upon two Franke ecolinos in need of repair for cheap and suddenly found myself installing it in the kitchen in place of the ECM Synchronika I'd used for all those years. Soon I'll be completely gutting the kitchen and sticking the Fanke ecolino right next to a fridge in hopes of getting a one-step bean to cup machine for those situations where a bunch of drinks need to be prepared in rapid fashion.

Does it produce the absolutely best cup of coffee? No. Does it produce a extremely repeatable result with minimal effort in in a very compact footprint? YES!

This ecolino (and the 2nd machine I am rebuilding) date back to 2002 and sport pre-2009 "Seattle's Best Coffee" branding on the rear panel. As shown on the display, there are about 32,000 cycles reported on this machine.
i like it. it's not something you will see in many houses. the Panera by my office used Franke machines.

Chert

#7752: Post by Chert »

andrewx wrote:... I stumbled upon two Franke ecolinos in need of repair for cheap and suddenly found myself installing it in the kitchen in place of the ECM Synchronika I'd used for all those years. Soon I'll be completely gutting the kitchen and sticking the Franke ecolino right next to a fridge in hopes of getting a one-step bean to cup machine for those situations where a bunch of drinks need to be prepared in rapid fashion.

Does it produce the absolutely best cup of coffee? No. Does it produce a extremely repeatable result with minimal effort in in a very compact footprint? YES!

This ecolino (and the 2nd machine I am rebuilding) date back to 2002 and sport pre-2009 "Seattle's Best Coffee" branding on the rear panel. As shown on the display, there are about 32,000 cycles reported on this machine.
I don't recall a tear down - rebuild thread for one of those.

Share one with us, why don't you?
LMWDP #198

Advertisement
coyote-1

#7753: Post by coyote-1 »

Humble in any book, and especially so compared to so many of y'all. Nonetheless, I'm getting really good espresso from it.

Between the modified (stepless) Urbanic 070s grinder and the Krups Novo 2300 machine is a Cuisinart Coffee Center. Nice for 'morning' coffee shared with the family, and great for guests who like k-cups. I made a WDT from .35 printer cleaning needles and a wine cork. Also not pictured is my unpressurized basket.

andrewx

#7754: Post by andrewx »

slybarman wrote:i like it. it's not something you will see in many houses. the Panera by my office used Franke machines.
Yeah, I've heard that Panera uses Franke machines. Never been to one and seen a Franke in operation before.
Chert wrote:I don't recall a tear down - rebuild thread for one of those.

Share one with us, why don't you?
I was thinking about doing that, wasn't too sure what the level of interest in super-automatics is.. given that the consumer version gives a rather bad reputation for anything automatic. I'll get a thread going soon. If nothing else there's a ton of engineering and complexity in these machines largely unparalleled by more manual counterparts.

LineaMurphy

#7755: Post by LineaMurphy »

I've been stalking the forum for years on and off as my hobby grows, but finally setup an account and first post. Started with a Saeco Superauto many years ago, moved to a Breville Oracle, then a La Spaziale S1/Rocket Faustino, and most recently upgraded to a LMLM and HeyCafe H1 grinder. I've had the machine for about a month and just recently acquired the new grinder so still adjusting to the new setup. Cheers!

LaNovice1982

#7756: Post by LaNovice1982 »

It all started when my wife wanted a Breville Barista Express for Christmas, and I said just save me room on the counter for my coffee pot and Maxwell House lol. Three years later I'm a latte junkie and we have our perfect setup (for us). We have learned so much from this forum, and watching hundreds of videos, now we just keep honing our craft of making great espresso!

Brian H.

jz_coffee

#7757: Post by jz_coffee »

Newest edition as of yesterday is the Kafatek Monolith Flat with SSW burrs. Used the Robot for about a year before upgrading to the Decent (which I love). Very happy with this setup and focusing on getting better at roasting atm. Cheers! -Jon

Advertisement
Stanford55
Supporter ♡

#7758: Post by Stanford55 »

Hello fellow coffee aficionados, I thought I'd share my setup (and newly acquired Lelit MaraX). These machines offer widely different coffee making experiences. I have to grind coarser for the Mara, but not by much: the slow ramp-up mimics the preinfusion characteristics of a lever, allowing for finer grinds, and in my opinion anyway, more flavorful shots. On the pour over side of things I prefer hand grinding with the 1Zpresso K-Plus.

Ursego

#7759: Post by Ursego »

My ECM Puristika with the new FCD paddle:

Eiern

#7760: Post by Eiern »

Puristika twice in a row lol. I'm only borrowing this one, been attracted to it since I saw the first tease.