Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 775

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bunkmil

#7741: Post by Bunkmil »

mason a wrote:new setup. started out 7 years ago with a La Spaziale Dream and a MACAP M7D and decided to switch it all up after the steam boiler failed on the Dream. Was waiting for the EG-1 to show up before posting. Just about complete, UNIFilter is still on the way but I'm 99% done. And I still need to build the under sink reservoir and stop re-filling the machine reservoir, got all the parts, just need to make it happen.

That's a serious setup! It looks awesome.

Congrats!

OK31
Supporter ♡

#7742: Post by OK31 »

mason a wrote:new setup. started out 7 years ago with a La Spaziale Dream and a MACAP M7D and decided to switch it all up after the steam boiler failed on the Dream. Was waiting for the EG-1 to show up before posting. Just about complete, UNIFilter is still on the way but I'm 99% done. And I still need to build the under sink reservoir and stop re-filling the machine reservoir, got all the parts, just need to make it happen.

What are you planning for the reservoir refill/empty?

espressotime

#7743: Post by espressotime »

jghoo43 wrote:image

Finally 6 months after placing the original order. Lost water filter shipments and other unexpected delays my Synesso MVP Hydra is up and running.
It's been a year without espresso at home. For the next week or two I can see a serious case of the jitters and an inability to sleep.
The grinder will be swapped out for a malhkonig 65s gbw in a couple of months. Frankly I'm a little tapped out right now.
Wow!!!! :o

espressotime

#7744: Post by espressotime »

Beautiful in black. Never liked the looks of the GS3 but this wood and mat black and all the grinders is a joy to look at.

mason a
Supporter

#7745: Post by mason a »

I'm following the Espresso Cart - Goodbye Plumbed In thread:
Espresso Cart - Goodbye Plumbed In
I have everything, even cut the hole in the countertop, just need to put it together and fill it up.

Jeff
Team HB

#7746: Post by Jeff »

Just a quick comparison shot of some compact grinding options

Dan.in.NY
Supporter ♡

#7747: Post by Dan.in.NY »

I'm curious what you use the EG-1 for as opposed to the KEY? Is one for espresso and the other for pourovers? I have an EG-1 and looking for a 2nd grinder.

mason a
Supporter

#7748: Post by mason a »

This is good question and I don't know the answer yet. I've only had the Key for a month and the EG-1 for a week. Currently, I have some medium roast beans dialed in on the Key and some lightly roasted Ethiopian beans dialed in on the EG-1. I've reversed the bean/grinder and there is a noticeable difference between the shots produced, everything else constant, so I feel like I'm test driving 2 cars. Will they be different enough that I feel like it's worth keeping them both? I haven't had enough time to decide that yet. I have never done a pour over, but I'd like to get some equipment and start trying them with the EG-1. I have no idea where to start adjusting the grind between the two styles. I guess I can do some math, I think each notch on the EG-1 is 5 microns.

Arafel

#7749: Post by Arafel »

My new setup, and likely end game. Can't see replacing anything here. Just some info on the machine choice. I looked at the GS3 and the Slayer and the Eagle One Prima. Also considered waiting on Synesso or the San Remo You. I was replacing a Profitec Pro 600, with the goal of plumbing in.

I have only 16" of height on my counter, and 22" of depth

The GS3 MP wouldn't fit my counter space, and I want manual control instead of just AV. I also don't like the water waste of the GS3.

I like the Slayer, but it's depth would mean the drip tray is 2 inches past my counter, and my kitchen is a little cramped anyway. I could see myself walking into the drip tray a lot

The Eagle One seems to have a lot of software bugs. The You has a small stream boiler. And Synesso traded emails with me back to May 2021 but I could never get specs so when LM announced its price hike in January, I decided to make the leap before it increased. In retrospect it was the right choice because the Synesso as announced wouldn't fit my counter.

So looking at the photo:

-Specht EMP and timber mod Linea Mini. There's a shot timer above the paddle. The EMP gear pump allows variable pressure with no shot time limit.

-Kafatek Monolith Flat with Shuriken LM burrs

-Accountant Bean Doser

The Linea is plumbed in with a Living Water SoCal H75+ filtration system that lets me manually dial in TDS.

The system was installed yesterday. Only three shots pulled so far but they are heaven!!!

michael

#7750: Post by michael »

What was the wait time on the specht 8)