Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 772

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBoy E61

#7711: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

ira wrote:Those are a pair of Titus grinders from Frank Durra if I got the spelling correct. Each is set up with two volume adjustable dispensers so he can choose from 4 coffees anytime he wants to make coffee. They were once and might still be as good as grinders get, but at a price.
What Ira didn't quite tell you Freddy, is that you just about need a bank account the size of TEXAS to afford one of those grinders and each has 2-custom, hand blown glass hoppers.

Welcome to HB Freddy; you've now seen the bottom of the rabbit hole that's as deep as a West Texas oil well borehole!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

freditoj

#7712: Post by freditoj replying to BaristaBoy E61 »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I figured out how to quote 8)

Did some rough math, the Titus each go for around 7K+ accessories and the Leva a cool 15K.
So at minimum that setup is worth around 30K or the price of a Honda Accord!!!

NelisB

#7713: Post by NelisB »

Current setup. Ultra carries SSP 98mm HU. I also have a set with 80mm Ditting LS, but I like the filter roasts better with 98 HU right now. I installed a less strong inner spring in the Vesuvius, resulting in 7 bar max. This also works nice for filter roasts, aiming for turbo shots. On the left of the Vesuvius my daughter's Nespresso machine. She prefers SB Blond above my "fruity" coffee. ;-)

crazyascarl

#7714: Post by crazyascarl »

Started my journey with a new to me Gaggia Classic and a $10 garage sale Baratza Encore.

Did a kitchen remodel where I was able to carve out a "coffee nook" against an existing brick wall, and here we are now...

BaristaBoy E61

#7715: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Nice looking setup Carl.
Clean, functional, smartly done.

Congrats!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

mrgnomer

#7716: Post by mrgnomer »

After a long down time my HX plumb in Vetrano set up is back with a new grinder. So many parts replaced it's like new machine.
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

prust
Supporter ♡

#7717: Post by prust »

What do you upgrade to?

mrgnomer

#7718: Post by mrgnomer replying to prust »

Went from a Macap M4 to a Ceado e37J. Took the hopper off the Ceado and put a used grouphead shower screen in the hole to control single dose popcorning. Use a kabob skewer to flick up the chute flap and tease all the grinds out during the grind. A weigh in and out shows very low retention and the shots are consistently good extractions. The M4 was good but the Ceado is easier to take apart and feels like a more solid grinder.
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

jghoo43

#7719: Post by jghoo43 »

Finally 6 months after placing the original order. Lost water filter shipments and other unexpected delays my Synesso MVP Hydra is up and running.
It's been a year without espresso at home. For the next week or two I can see a serious case of the jitters and an inability to sleep.
The grinder will be swapped out for a malhkonig 65s gbw in a couple of months. Frankly I'm a little tapped out right now.

Ursego

#7720: Post by Ursego »

★ Helpful