Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 754

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Splunge
Supporter ❤

#7531: Post by Splunge »

Thanks! It really opens up the space - now I just have to find a new spot for the microwave...
Chris

Kryptonicspb

#7532: Post by Kryptonicspb »

Still waiting on my Decent, WLL, and Cafelat order but it's coming together:

Lelit Elizabeth paired with a Niche zero

Psychoav

#7533: Post by Psychoav »

More than half a year renovation, finally done

★ Helpful

PeetsFan

#7534: Post by PeetsFan »

Psychoav wrote:More than half a year renovation, finally done
OMG!!!! I'm moving in!
WOW!!!

PeetsFan

#7535: Post by PeetsFan »

Capuchin Monk wrote:Does it (the Bezzera Duo MN) require 20 amp outlet?
I finally traced the circuit breaker for the outlet I've been using, and it is indeed 20A.

A 20A circuit requires 12 AWG cable, or 12/2, from breaker to outlet. If you have 12AWG, there's no problem replacing the 15A breaker with a 20A breaker. It's possible you have 12AWG at the panel and at the outlet, and 14AWG in between... but that's unlikely. It depends on the age of your home and whether it's been through a bunch of electrical modifications over the years. I didn't think much of the 20A requirement of the Bezzera when I bought it and it works fine in my home. Other machines run fine on 15A, but my Bezzera does heat up quite fast. You can easily configure it to run only one boiler at a time, which will cause it to ping-pong between the two boilers to get the water heated. Usually, you'd prioritize brew boiler priority because that's the one we care about. Steam works fine at +/-10F.

karamba

#7536: Post by karamba »

PeetsFan wrote:I finally traced the circuit breaker for the outlet I've been using, and it is indeed 20A.
It's possible you have 12AWG at the panel and at the outlet, and 14AWG in between... but that's unlikely
It is not just unlikely it is against the building codes. No licensed electrician would do that but a DUYer would do thinking it is safe to replace a piece of wire with the thicker one. Anyway if a circuit has a 15A breaker already I would be very hesitant about replacing it with a 20A breaker, There was a reason why it is there in the first place. Maybe whoever did it just did not have the proper breaker or proper wire on hand but again that could be only done by someone not very knowledgeable.

PeetsFan

#7537: Post by PeetsFan replying to karamba »

Aye, Karamba.
I think you're right; 12/2 wire costs more than 14/2 and I doubt someone would run 14/2 and just use a 15A breaker. But in a 50 or 60 year-old home, who knows what could have happened?

sosha
Supporter ♡

#7538: Post by sosha »

Psychoav wrote:More than half a year renovation, finally done
Fabulous set-up! I love the board with the roasted coffee available listed...
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

Serge77

#7539: Post by Serge77 »

A small touch of midcentury modern interior :-)

NicoNYC

#7540: Post by NicoNYC »

Sergey, that's a lovely set-up. Is that a Marcel Breuer chair lurking in the foreground?
LMWDP #718