Post a pic of your travel espresso setup

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
spromance

#1: Post by spromance »

Searched and found various pics of travel setups but no compiled thread, so I thought I might start one... reality is I'm just looking for a place to brag :D because I'm quite excited for my recently updated home/travel setup.

Having sold my Vario, everything I use at home can be brought on the road in two road cases.

Espresso: Cafelat Robot and 1ZPresso JE Plus
Filter: Aeropress (fits inside kettle) and 1ZPresso JX Pro
Additional: cups, Bellman Steamer, and Bonavita travel kettle

fliz

#2: Post by fliz »

There was another similar thread.

My approach was similar to yours.

Travel Coffee/Espresso Rigs?

JJ420

#3: Post by JJ420 »

Here's mine (case is a Nanuk 960):

maybe the real satoshi is all the friends we find along the way. LMWDP #688

JJ420

#4: Post by JJ420 »

Another case I had recently made... now featuring a mint condition 1972 or '73 La Pavoni Europiccola. This machine/setup has unwittingly turned out to be my holy grail. Now I can go anywhere with zero portability issues! :D

maybe the real satoshi is all the friends we find along the way. LMWDP #688

jcran17

#5: Post by jcran17 »

This is an interesting thread. I was trying to put together something for espresso a few years ago, but was focused on air travel and ability to carry-on. I first took my knock feldgrind on a few flights with me for in-hotel pour-over and had a few TSA agents give me a hard time. So now, I just drink a cup of the garbage at the hotel first thing and then go find a local roaster.

Do any of you carry these on an airplane?

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by emradguy »

I have not gotten the inspiration to build out cases for my travel gear, but instead pack the components in a duffel or a ruck sack. So, I'll post a couple of photos. It'll be pretty clear which setup is for road trips and which is for flying. I used to get funny looks and inquiries from TSA too on my hand grinders, but they've learned, and don't bother anymore. However, if one is going to go bare minimum, instead of crappy hotel "coffee", I would suggest the steep bags some of the artisan roasters (like, Nossa Familia and Dragonfly to name a couple) are selling. They're actually quite good, and you can even use them to have an excellent cup on the airplane. Just ask the flight attendant for a cup of hot water and a spoon.

Sorry this bottom one is rotated!

Ah! I forgot to add that sometimes, when I'll be staying in a hotel (instead of a rental house) I bring my Bonavita electric travel kettle with my air travel kit.
LMWDP #748

jcran17

#7: Post by jcran17 »

emradguy wrote:However, if one is going to go bare minimum, instead of crappy hotel "coffee", I would suggest the steep bags some of the artisan roasters (like, Nossa Familia and Dragonfly to name a couple) are selling. They're actually quite good, and you can even use them to have an excellent cup on the airplane. Just ask the flight attendant for a cup of hot water and a spoon.
This is the first I have heard of these. I will have to order a few to try. The thought of reasonably good coffee IN the airplane is certainly appealing
emradguy wrote:I bring my Bonavita electric travel kettle with my air travel kit.
Certainly seems flair is leading the travel market. As I reacall, rossa and espresso forge where the only options when I originally looked into it. Yes, I always stay in hotels, so water boiling is a concern. I remember a collapsible kettle Kickstarter that seemed pretty neat. Do you carry your flair et al on the plane or check it?

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by emradguy »

I've done both, but since it's in a good case, I prefer to stuff the Flair in a suitcase and check the whole thing.
LMWDP #748

luvmy40

#9: Post by luvmy40 »

Here's my current travel kit:

It all fit's nicely in a repurposed range bag with room for a couple lb. of beans.

If I'm flying, I just pack the individual items in my checked bag where they fit.

Jesse.F

#10: Post by Jesse.F »

Last time I traveled I was in one place for a month, so I upped my travel kit a bit

Here is my true travel/ camping set up