Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 734

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jesse.F

#7331: Post by Jesse.F »

TomC wrote: Welcome to HB Jesse!

How are you liking that single dose hopper for the Baratza? I'm thinking of picking one up. I'm probably going to switch to electric grinding for my brew setup at work instead of hand grinders. Getting lazy in my adult years....
I've been liking it, I honestly got it simply for the esthetic of it, but have found it nice because I can dose my beans into the cap dump them in and re cap without getting an extra cup involved. It's a minor thing, but a nice little plus. It still comfortably holds 60g of beans, so I can still use it for the family morning coffee. So no complaints at all.

blutch

#7332: Post by blutch replying to Jesse.F »

Does it do the thing where you push it down a few times to get out retained grounds? Where did you find it? Thanks

Jesse.F

#7333: Post by Jesse.F replying to blutch »

Not like a below, but I find a good knock on it shakes a good amount out. I just got it from their website.

seoras

#7334: Post by seoras »

I've been a member for a while but I only just saw this thread.
Everyone knows the Niche Zero but my espresso machine, the Sanremo Treviso LX, is a bit of a rarity I think from the lack of posts about it and information on the internet in general. I just setup a Facebook group for Sanremo Treviso owners.
You also might have seen my thread on trying to fix issue with this machine which I have now succeeded in doing.
I can now say I'm delighted to own it! It now makes superb coffee!
It's unusual, I think, in that it is an entry level HX E61 which has a rotary pump (LX model only). Nice and quiet!

KanzaKruzer

#7335: Post by KanzaKruzer »

It took two months to be in stock, but I was finally able to add wood knobs to my Mara X.
David

CrashClint

#7336: Post by CrashClint »

I am unable to add a picture, but you can view my setup here. https://www.imiae.com/default/assets/Im ... -small.jpg

If it were not cost prohibitive, I would love to add some wood knobs to my Profitec.
Someone stole my identity, and I feel sorry for them.

bikesandcoffee

#7337: Post by bikesandcoffee »

dreadnatty08 wrote:MaraX finally arrived today! 1st Line installed the flow control for me. Gonna be some serious learning with this thing. First few shots were all over the place. Anyway, excited to move on from the ancient Gaggia that this replaced. :D
How is that bellow working with the mignon? Does it significantly reduce retention?

dreadnatty08

#7338: Post by dreadnatty08 replying to bikesandcoffee »

I don't think retention is all that great, but this really improves workflow for single dosing. To be honest, I've really stopped weighing my portafilter post grind, so I can't answer exactly. It is a nice upgrade though, and the member (can't recall their name) who is making them, sold on Etsy, is doing a solid job.

Porcupine

#7339: Post by Porcupine »

Sommersellinthe6ix

#7340: Post by Sommersellinthe6ix »

Thank you.