Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 707

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Word_salad

#7061: Post by Word_salad »

Don Task wrote:I'm guessing that was me... I wrapped my Bianca with automotive wrap...although I went the black route. >Heres a link< to the thread if your interested.
yes, this is what I was thinking of! I think it looks really nice, and I agree that chrome box clones are getting a little boring

daniellr

#7062: Post by daniellr »

Here mine:

dgasmd

#7063: Post by dgasmd »

My original post to this thread was back in 2002 in page 170'ish. Not much has changed fundamentally other than 3 houses later, a divorce, 2 dogs, and several dozen girlfriends later here we are (in no particular order LOL...). I live in an area where quality anything is entirely nonexistent, so nobody to share my addiction to espresso with.

Might be switching to either a 2 group La Cimbali or La Espaziale or maybe a single gs3 La Marzocco (still dream
of one). To be continued.......
Keep it simple and keep it enjoyable. It is about coffee, not quantum physics!

mwebber

#7064: Post by mwebber »

I just finished plumbing in my Linea Mini (thanks, Jake!). The next step will be modding the Linea to add a middle position in the paddle, to allow me to use line pressure for pre-infusion.

cccpu

#7065: Post by cccpu replying to mwebber »

Nice Ultra you got there ;)
Also, sounds like a very nice mod upcoming to the LMLM as well :D
LMWDP #583

tgk

#7066: Post by tgk »

Machine is on a timer, and it wakes up about 30 minutes before I do, so that all is set for the first cuppa of the day when I get there.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#7067: Post by pizzaman383 »

This looks pretty similar to the last time I posted a couple of years ago but there are some improvements on the inside. The Doge has SSP 83mm espresso burrs and the KitchenAid has SSP brew burrs.

The lever has been overhauled with all new fittings, wiring, and thermocouples to turn it from a prototype to a permanent performer. I also replaced the kludged Gaggia classic boiler with a Silvia brew boiler. Now it is more reliable and ready for another 5-10 years.

Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Jeff
Team HB

#7068: Post by Jeff »

Delightful setting and I do like that you carefully color-coordinated the cups with the "modern accents" on your machine!

downy_ball

#7069: Post by downy_ball »

dgasmd wrote:image
My original post to this thread was back in 2002 in page 170'ish. Not much has changed fundamentally other than 3 houses later, a divorce, 2 dogs, and several dozen girlfriends later here we are (in no particular order LOL...). I live in an area where quality anything is entirely nonexistent, so nobody to share my addiction to espresso with. Might be switching to either a 2 group La Cimbali or La Espaziale or maybe a single gs3 La Marzocco (still dream
of one). To be continued.......
I found your original post from 2012 - nice to see these machines performing well in the long run. I love mine - the reliability and consistency is quite remarkable :-)

Next time someone's teaching, why don't you get taught..."

Jake_G
Team HB

#7070: Post by Jake_G »

After a move across the country, I suppose it's time for an update.

This combination is working very nicely.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704