Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 700

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Don Task

#6991: Post by Don Task »

KyleDrinksCoffee wrote:Been a while since I've posted.
Ahhh yes... the proverbial picture of a black cat in a coal mine
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

GregoryJ

#6992: Post by GregoryJ »

shawndo

#6993: Post by shawndo replying to GregoryJ »

I like the cup! which brand/model is it?
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

GregoryJ

#6994: Post by GregoryJ »

shawndo wrote:I like the cup! which brand/model is it?
I just added them onto my sweet Maria's order one day: https://www.sweetmarias.com/espresso-pa ... aucer.html

Frederico

#6995: Post by Frederico »

evillalon wrote:New member here AND my first post. Here's my Profitec Pro 600, OE Lido E. I got in on the Niche Zero order with shipping estimated in July. I'm also a potter and we made all of the mugs/cups.

Evillalon, that machine looks gorgeous in your kitchen. I'm also looking for my first espresso machine to fit under kitchen cabinet, which has a clearance of only 18 inch. What're the height measurements of your cabinet from counter-top and your mug in blue? It looks like all fit perfectly there. :)

Espressoman007

#6996: Post by Espressoman007 »

shawndo wrote:I like the cup! which brand/model is it?
It's interesting. Just until a while ago I preferred drinking espresso from the cups with thicker or thick walls like this one. Lately I bought two cups with thiner walls and used them for some time. Now when I tried espresso with the cups that I used to love to drink espresso from, I got the feeling that wall takes all the taste from the coffee, hm, all of a sudden it looks like I prefer cups with thinner walls, but those with thicker walls are definitely better looking. :wink:

Cheers

shawndo

#6997: Post by shawndo replying to Espressoman007 »

I believe a cooler serving temperature is better. I think an unheated, thick wall and/or a larger cup is the best way to get this. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably be favoring some vintage demitasse like those wedgwood bone china ones.
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Don Task

#6998: Post by Don Task replying to shawndo »

Yep... same here. Over the years I've collected both thin and thick walled cups for my espresso habit. I prefer the thick wall cups for their heft and feel and what they add to the overall experience, but only when used at room temperature, no longer preheated on the cup warming tray {gasp} . At room temperature the thick walled cups are perfect for drawing off just the right amount of heat.
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

Coffcarl

#6999: Post by Coffcarl »

With the addition of the Eureka Zenith from a closing coffee shop.....I am done!

kwantfm

#7000: Post by kwantfm »

shawndo wrote:Latest update!

history:
Post a pic of your home espresso setup...
Holy hector...
LMWDP #602