Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 697

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
tinman143

#6961: Post by tinman143 »

hard_six wrote:LMLM with the new MAX

When I grow up I want a kitchen like yours

FoodieScott

#6962: Post by FoodieScott »

I've been perusing HB for several weeks trying to decide what equipment I should get. My feelings about coffee and brewing equipment have rapidly evolved from vague interest to barely restrained obsession. Like many others in this thread, I decided to sign up to share my setup and continue learning from the wealth of knowledge and experience of the HB members. I tried to go through as much of this thread as I could before posting, but I only managed a couple hundred pages. What I did see was often both humbling and inspiring, and has given me new objectives for my "permanent" brew space. So, thank you all for your contributions here. I'll surely make my way through them all before I'm done with my own.

I'm coming from a hand-me-down DeLonghi semi-auto with a pressurized basket and a Virtuoso grinder. Needless to say, this was a drastic change that I am still adjusting to. Not pictured is an ECM bottomless portafilter.

luvmy40

#6963: Post by luvmy40 »

Roughing it at the Best Western in West Haven, CT.

MattGeo

#6964: Post by MattGeo »

Just upgraded from a Breville Duo Temp Pro to a Rocket Appartamento. For now will have to do with the Breville Smartgrinder Pro, but will upgrade at some point. Just received my Saint Anthony Industries Bloc Party (Levy and Distribution). Cleaned it up with Portakeeper holders and a repurposed antique pot for my towel.

dreadnatty08

#6965: Post by dreadnatty08 »

Rich, that's hilarious! How do you like the Flair? I'm thinking about picking one up for fun or I'm not particularly happy with the inconsistency of my Gaggia...
Matt, I dig your nook.

redbone

#6966: Post by redbone »

Completed our 7.5 month renovation which included moving kitchen to other room, replacing structural wall with steel beam and best of all a dedicated espresso area with high cupboards allowing for lever machines and tall grinders including a Nema 6-20r 240v outlet. Been long without a setup the results in the cup were not there today. Better espresso days ahead.

Went with rustic weathered copper tile to give a vintage ambiance in the espresso area.

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549
★ Helpful

yakster
Supporter ♡

#6967: Post by yakster »

MattGeo wrote:Just upgraded from a Breville Duo Temp Pro to a Rocket Appartamento... Cleaned it up with Portakeeper holders
Nice, that Portakeeper holder is smart looking.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Don Task

#6968: Post by Don Task »

redbone wrote:Completed our 7.5 month renovation which included moving kitchen to other room, replacing structural wall with steel beam and best of all a dedicated espresso area with high cupboards allowing for lever machines and tall grinders and Nema 6-20r 240v outlet.

Went with rustic weathered copper tile to give a vintage ambiance in the espresso area. [/i]
Very nice... Great job! We went through similar renovation pains 15 years ago... i.e, moving walls, steel support beams, separate new espresso bar... Wouldn't change a thing "except for" I missed the opportunity (actually never thought about it) raising the cupboards above the espresso bar. :oops: DOH!
Krups, then Silvia, then Livia 90, then a Techno! Does it ever end? [sigh]

redbone

#6969: Post by redbone replying to Don Task »

Thanks, picked up a lot of tips here from HB members on what to do and what they would have changed if they were to redo the ideal espresso setup.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

luvmy40

#6970: Post by luvmy40 »

dreadnatty08 wrote:Rich, that's hilarious! How do you like the Flair? I'm thinking about picking one up for fun or I'm not particularly happy with the inconsistency of my Gaggia...
Matt, I dig your nook.
I love the Flare Signature. If I had it to do over, I'd start off with The Pro 2. I had just dropped a good bit of cash on the Niche Zero and some other "Nice To Have" espresso stuff, so I had a hard time justifying the extra $ for the Pro 2 over the Signature.

Coming from the Staresso, which IMHO is a good bit better than the Aero Press, The Flare is phenomenal. The Staresso does a good job at getting close to espresso and I do prefer it to the Aero Press, but the Flare is the real deal. I probably will pick up a better travel grinder and the Pro 2, in that order over the next year or so.