Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 683

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
12elfthfloor

#6821: Post by 12elfthfloor »

Armanius wrote:Super nice!!!! When can we come over?
Anytime! Coffee addiction needs to be shared :lol:

a.b1ns

#6822: Post by a.b1ns »

JmanEspresso wrote:I have the ability to grab a Mythos 1 or even the 2 for considerably less than new retail, and I am currently shopping for a large flat. So more or less in stock form, it works just fine at home, and you're doing some small mods for some added convienence? Good to know it single doses with ease, as I only single dose. Its just ingrained in me at this point, its basically all Ive done for the last ten years.
That's correct. My hope is a polish of the fixed burred carrier will eliminate the pause and sweep the 1-1.5g or so of beans that stick into the burrs. But in it's basic form its working great for me, it's just that there's a few more steps involved in single dosing it. If I were you I'd get whatever you can get cheapest with the TiN burrs. the advanced features such as heated burrs, weighted dosing, etc is only useful is you're using it with a hopper in a production type environment.

Advertisement
jbenson4

#6823: Post by jbenson4 »

zap wrote:Cheers, Rob!

It was lovingly and carefully restored by Larry Naylor (perfectwheels). I'd been eyeing it for several weeks and on day decided that was it.

(It's a wonderful machine. The portafilter configuration is interesting, as I've mentioned elsewhere the tabs are at 10-4 versus 9-3 or 6-2. It's made finding a naked portafilter rather difficult. Have you got a Eurobar as well?)
Contact Paul Pratt at Cafelat, he just posted about Eurobar portafilters on Instagram.

zap

#6824: Post by zap »

Thanks, Jordan. I didn't realise he posted them to instagram. Following him now.

Indeed, I was the person (referenced anonymously in his post) who requested he make some! I emailed him and to my surprise he replied and explained he had a a Eurobar of the same vintage and would take a look. I thought I was out of luck, then a few days later I got an email from him with photos of the new portafilters. I was very happy! ;-) I'm just waiting to hear from him on pricing.

Very thankful Paul could accommodate the request.

I emailed quite a few folks and most thought I was crazy since they didn't have experience with the Eurobar or somehow thought my machine alone was somehow unique.

maxdevil

#6825: Post by maxdevil »

Hi there,

My new setup Gaggia TS and Fiorenzato grinder.

coffeemmichael

#6826: Post by coffeemmichael »

A showdown is on the horizon. More to come.

DaveA

#6827: Post by DaveA »

maxdevil wrote:Hi there,

My new setup Gaggia TS and Fiorenzato grinder.
I think you forgot the picture.

Advertisement
cerone

#6828: Post by cerone »

Updated setup June 2020!

Tinter

#6829: Post by Tinter »

Nice countertop. Is that concrete?

Armanius

#6830: Post by Armanius »

So jealous of all the nice kitchens!!!