Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 682

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
12elfthfloor

#6811: Post by 12elfthfloor »

Too long a lurker here and extracted way too much knowledge to not join in. Yeap, I really, really love this hobby.
★ Helpful

DaveA

#6812: Post by DaveA »

Oh my......wonderful.

12elfthfloor

#6813: Post by 12elfthfloor »

Espresso_Monkey wrote:New Izzo Alex Leva owner. This replaced an E61 double boiler.

The exposed La San Marco (LSM) group is a thing of beauty.
Highlander! Singapore? Many happy coffees over the years there...

Armanius

#6814: Post by Armanius »

12elfthfloor wrote:image
Too long a lurker here and extracted way too much knowledge to not join in. Yeap, I really, really love this hobby.
Super nice!!!! When can we come over?

zap

#6815: Post by zap »

RobAnybody wrote:Nice Eurobar! You don't see them that often!
Where did you find it?
Cheers,
Rob
Cheers, Rob!

It was lovingly and carefully restored by Larry Naylor (perfectwheels). I'd been eyeing it for several weeks and on day decided that was it.

(It's a wonderful machine. The portafilter configuration is interesting, as I've mentioned elsewhere the tabs are at 10-4 versus 9-3 or 6-2. It's made finding a naked portafilter rather difficult. Have you got a Eurobar as well?)

MntnMan62

#6816: Post by MntnMan62 »

12elfthfloor wrote:image
There is only one word for that setup.......WOW!

RobAnybody

#6817: Post by RobAnybody »

zap wrote:It's a wonderful machine. The portafilter configuration is interesting, as I've mentioned elsewhere the tabs are at 10-4 versus 9-3 or 6-2. It's made finding a naked portafilter rather difficult. Have you got a Eurobar as well?
If only.. :) until now I've only seen them on Francesco Ceccarelli's website with the mention that they're very rare.
Interesting to hear that the portafilter configuration is so different form the europiccola and professional, since they appear to have the same grouphead inside (with the difference that the eurobar is water saturated of course ).
Cheers!
Rob
LMWDP #647

BaristaBoy E61

#6818: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

12elfthfloor wrote:Too long a lurker here and extracted way too much knowledge to not join in. Yeap, I really, really love this hobby.
Goes without saying - an outstanding setup!

Can you please tell us something about the gauges that appear on each group?

Thanks
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

12elfthfloor

#6819: Post by 12elfthfloor replying to BaristaBoy E61 »

Thank you BaristBoy, its bang in the middle of the kitchen so the whole family gets to enjoy it which is just great.

They are pressure nanometers that are new to this version of the Vostok. For me they are very handy for understanding what the pressures are during the extraction. Also because it has a independent PID for each Group it gives me more insight and control depending on the bean before messing with the grind.

Currently doing 20 sec PI at 2 bar, then up to 11 bar, with a shortish ramp down at the end. About 45 sec all in for a 30 gr shot from 18g in. Light to Medium roast.

12elfthfloor

#6820: Post by 12elfthfloor »

MntnMan62 wrote:There is only one word for that setup.......WOW!
I say the same followed by 'why?' to my other personalities each morning. i have several and they are all have some BS reasoning... weird! :D