Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 681

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
MntnMan62

#6801: Post by MntnMan62 »

DaveA wrote:My final upgrade for awhile just arrived and this should be it. I need to slow down before my wife kills me. Just added the Eureka Mignon Specialita to handle the espresso grinding. The SGP will do the pour over grinding. Still need to dial in the Specialita this afternoon. I feel all set up now :D
That set up and the cabinet arrangement is exactly what I would do for myself if I were starting from scratch. It seems to be nice and spacious so you have plenty of room to operate. Plus it all look gorgeous. Congrats!

DaveA

#6802: Post by DaveA »

Armanius wrote:Nice! Did you get it shipped from Italy?
I'm in Canada so I ordered it from idrinkcoffee.com Only took 1 day to arrive.

DaveA

#6803: Post by DaveA »

MntnMan62 wrote:That set up and the cabinet arrangement is exactly what I would do for myself if I were starting from scratch. It seems to be nice and spacious so you have plenty of room to operate. Plus it all look gorgeous. Congrats!
Thank you. I'm really enjoying this set up.

a.b1ns

#6804: Post by a.b1ns »

My home set up has taken what will probably be it's final form for a long time.

Picked up a $600 Mythos Plus with TiN burrs. Removed hopper and tamper assembly along with the front cover and am setting it up for single dosing. Next project is setting up my Personal 1 with a PID.

coffeemmichael

#6805: Post by coffeemmichael »

Simplicity.

DaveB

#6806: Post by DaveB »

Gotta love seeing a MAX next to the MAXimum machine for the money. 8)
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

JmanEspresso

#6807: Post by JmanEspresso »

a.b1ns wrote:My home set up has taken what will probably be it's final form for a long time.

Picked up a $600 Mythos Plus with TiN burrs. Removed hopper and tamper assembly along with the front cover and am setting it up for single dosing. Next project is setting up my Personal 1 with a PID.
What kind of mods are you doing to the Mythos? How home-unfriendly is it in stock form?

a.b1ns

#6808: Post by a.b1ns replying to JmanEspresso »

I am going to polish the front burr chamber under the auger, it's just a rough casting and the texture causes beans to stick. As well I need to turn up a lid for the hopper that fits tightly to prevent popcorning

Honestly, I'm not sure where there home unfriendly, high retention myth came from... RDT with a dropper, 4 droplets and everything shoots right out, less than .2 G rentention and I'm not will to spend monolith or LWW money to reduce it further. I can totally live with it for $600

RobAnybody

#6809: Post by RobAnybody »

zap wrote:Here's mine.
Nice Eurobar! You don't see them that often!
Where did you find it?
Cheers,
Rob
LMWDP #647

JmanEspresso

#6810: Post by JmanEspresso »

a.b1ns wrote:I am going to polish the front burr chamber under the auger, it's just a rough casting and the texture causes beans to stick. As well I need to turn up a lid for the hopper that fits tightly to prevent popcorning

Honestly, I'm not sure where there home unfriendly, high retention myth came from... RDT with a dropper, 4 droplets and everything shoots right out, less than .2 G rentention and I'm not will to spend monolith or LWW money to reduce it further. I can totally live with it for $600
I have the ability to grab a Mythos 1 or even the 2 for considerably less than new retail, and I am currently shopping for a large flat. So more or less in stock form, it works just fine at home, and you're doing some small mods for some added convienence? Good to know it single doses with ease, as I only single dose. Its just ingrained in me at this point, its basically all Ive done for the last ten years.