Post a pic of your home espresso setup... - Page 642

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Peter_SVK

#6411: Post by Peter_SVK » Dec 02, 2019, 9:25 am

Looks very nice indeed.

Bradfraser14

#6412: Post by Bradfraser14 » Dec 02, 2019, 9:12 pm

My humble home setup. Nice to have a corner space.

BaristaBoy E61

#6413: Post by BaristaBoy E61 » replying to Bradfraser14 » Dec 03, 2019, 1:17 am

Welcome to HB.

That's a fine looking coffee corner and setup!
How's the coffee?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Bradfraser14

#6414: Post by Bradfraser14 » Dec 03, 2019, 7:09 am

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:Welcome to HB.

That's a fine looking coffee corner and setup!
How's the coffee?
Thanks! The coffee is getting better, or at least more consistent, as I learn more. I certainly do enjoy my morning routine a lot!

EvergreenBuzzBuzz

#6415: Post by EvergreenBuzzBuzz » Dec 06, 2019, 2:33 pm

What roasting during an AZ sunrise looks like running Artisan 2.1. Espresso fueling the fire:
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart
★ Helpful

Chert
Supporter ♡

#6416: Post by Chert » Dec 07, 2019, 12:22 am

I found this well preserved Astoria SAE-1 Jun and spruced it up a bit. Thus a change in the home setup.

randomorbit

#6417: Post by randomorbit » Dec 08, 2019, 12:27 pm

Grinder upgrade. I was thinking about getting the Eureka Mignon Speclialita which certainly would have fit better on the counter, but I came across a deal I couldn't pass up on a lightly used Zenith 65e and it fits under the cabinet with at least half a mm to spare.

Now that it's nearly dialed in I'm getting a 16gram dose for the Bezzera Family Lever in about 4.75 seconds. I'm hoping I can use the other setting to get the 18 gram dose for the Brewtus. It wants a finer grind, but I'm hoping once I get to know this grinder I'll have enough sense of the offset between the two espresso machines to be able to switch between them fairly quickly.

Carmd1281

#6418: Post by Carmd1281 » Dec 08, 2019, 2:02 pm

EvergreenBuzzBuzz wrote:What roasting during an AZ sunrise looks like running Artisan 2.1. Espresso fueling the fire:
Sweet setup! I see you have the roaster vented out of you sliding door. Does it still smell up the house?

Thinking about getting into roasting in an apt. Just curious.
Carm
New York, NY

EvergreenBuzzBuzz

#6419: Post by EvergreenBuzzBuzz » replying to Carmd1281 » Dec 08, 2019, 3:11 pm

All I can say is that everyone loves the smell when they walk in, whether it's during roasting or after. One issue for you is that I would not use propane with the tank inside an apartment. My tank is outside. In the sliding door is a 2 x 6 with three holes, two for the venting and one for the gas
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

skansen

#6420: Post by skansen » Dec 10, 2019, 6:35 am

New grinder - new arrangement.

William is for my favorite light roasted beans. Breville is for dark Italian blends and alternatives.